Sapphire Princess October 20th voyage Live Sort of

arizonaperson

Heard from Sparkle/ Terry by post card. Nov. 9th

"When we got to Papeete, a troupe of Polynesian dancers got on the ship. They did 2 shows on that evening at 9- 2nd on at 3pm the next day. It was Awesome! You can certainly see why Fletcher Christian and the guys went back there!!!

some of the dancers were on the dock yesterday when we got off the ship so we could take pictures with them. All the entertainment has been great!!!

Our Ukulele concert went better than I expected. Those of us that really didn't know what we were doing played softly. And the ones that did, along with the recorded/CD played loudly and drowned us out. So it sounded fine apparently. David Cole would have been proud of us! It was fun! Today I started taking hula lessons and that may result in another show.

Clarence is taking camera classes.

Clarence is having the Chef's table again, so I thought I'd drop a line.

We had a great day in Pepeete! We decided against another tour and just walked around and went to the market. We found a store other Pax told us about where you can pick out your own pearls and have them set. We had fun doing that. We also got a beautiful flower arrangement for our cabin.

Nov.12

We are having a wonderful time and trying not to think about the end of the cruise. But they did send us the paper to say when we wanted to get off the ship. You are not going to believe this (or maybe you will) but we have MORE stuff than when we started!!!

So many great folks from CC and others that Clarence met at Churchill's Cigar Bar. We still have to have a drink with Rhob!! We finally found him at the Piazza Bar, but a lady bartender is there alot, and when ever we greet down there, she is usually working. But when we saw him and told him you said "Hi!" his face lit up and he was very happy to hear you were doing well. He says to give you his best and hopes he sees you on anther cruise soon!

There are so many Captain Circle members they have the cocktail party over two nights. Ours is tomorrow night. We have a CC tea tomorrow afternoon, and dinner with a 8 other of the CCers on Thursday, the last formal night.

We had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on Saturday night and it was WONDERFUL!!!!. We got a pic from the ship's photo. Thank you SOOOO much! Our waiters were so sweet! I don't know where they go while we were eating?? We showed them the book from our Wedding cruise as the waiter, Bogdon, was on the Golden Princess at that time

I am not going to try to post again on CC, until maybe the last day if we have minutes left. I may send more postcards, in case you get a chance to copy them onto the roll call. I think the CC website is just to big to load, and the ship's computers have trouble with it. It just ate up a bunch a minutes and did not send the post"..............

Sounds like they are having a great time with plenty of things to do on the sea days back home.:D She had also mentioned a couple CC meet and greets that were in the patter for them. There was also a Red Hat Tea offered that she went to.

May have to make 2 trips when I pick them up Sat. to accommodate all the luggage!!!!:eek:

Message yesterday from my mom said yeah she packed way too much for this cruise, clothes wise, but at least she had choices. She said she was already organizing and packing up.

My brother has a large truck to pick them up so I guess their many suitcases will fit. I think they have 5 + carry on for 2 people.

tallcruiser-Robin. I think we met along the way on one of our cruises,maybe even the Sapphire? Do you remember which cruise we might have met on? Thanks for the update from Sparkle.

Here is a copy of my post earlier this year. I still feel the same way. If the itinerary was changed it would make a huge difference in the cruise, IMO.

We were on this cruise also. The biggest problem I had was once we left Tahiti, the cruise was over in many passengers eyes and even the crew. That left a LONG 8 days home. Personally I enjoyed the sea days but not the feeling that the cruise was over.

I made a suggestion to both the Captain's Circle and Princess that the cruise could be arranged differently.

The 8 sea days could be first when everyone is excited about everything, then Tahiti, Bora Bora & Moorea, 2 sea days and the Samaos (which we loved) then 4 sea days and Hawaii, then 4 sea days home. This makes sense to me to spread out the ports on the way back.

Some folks have told me this won't work because the last port is US. But that doesn't hold water since our recent Star Cruise, San Diego was our last port before coming home to San Francisco.

Would I do this cruise again? Probably not because I really wanted to spend more time in the South Pacific. HAL goes to more islands on its 30 day cruise but I'm not even sure I would do it again. Ideally, for me, would be for the Hawaii/Tahiti/Hawaii cruises to be reinstated. I would book them in a NY minute.

Here are some links to my pics, one day the entire cruise might be done :D

http://www.pbase.com/dchip/american_samoa

http://www.pbase.com/dchip/bora_bora

http://www.pbase.com/dchip/moorea

Cheers, Denise

No news from my mom today on what the cruise is like. The web cam earlier today looks like a few clouds with fairly smooth seas. Maybe she ran out of internet minutes or the internet is not working? Marinetraffic won't work until they are closer to LA & I will be still sleeping when that happens. They dock tomorrow morning in San Pedro.

So any fellow Sapphire passengers, I hope you all had a great cruise and welcome back.

No news from my mom today on what the cruise is like. The web cam earlier today looks like a few clouds with fairly smooth seas. Maybe she ran out of internet minutes or the internet is not working? Marinetraffic won't work until they are closer to LA & I will be still sleeping when that happens. They dock tomorrow morning in San Pedro.

So any fellow Sapphire passengers, I hope you all had a great cruise and welcome back.

Here she is, about 150 km off Ensenada:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Thanks for trying to keep up a sort of LIVE from the Sapphire.

They had very spotty internet and probably too much fun to post!

That would be a GOOD thing. I hope they all did enjoy. I know my friends Terry and Clarence "Sparkel" have stayed in touch with me and say it is the BEST!

We have over cast weather here and possible light showers for our Sapphire cruisers to come back to. What a shock that will be! These are NOT warm tropical clouds and overcast. :eek:

I will be looking forward to all the reviews that are posted.

Most of all I look forward to all the details tomorrow when I pick up my friends from the ship.

Thanks for your posts, Robin. We look forward to reviews from all on this cruise. Especially hope we'll hear from some who did Patrick's excursion in Bora Bora since we have that booked while on the March cruise. We're heading to Palm Desert today to spend Thanksgiving Week with family. Happy turkey day to all!......Bobbie

Archived