Sapphire Princess October 20th voyage Live Sort of

arizonaperson

Enjoy Celebrity! I believe they also have Hawaiian itineraries... So, no need for you to bother with Princess any more! That way, you will enjoy Celebrity perks, and leave us the heck alone!

OMG! I only have 3 words for you. RUDE, IGNORANT AND ARROGANT. You really should think before you post.:eek:

Enjoy Celebrity! I believe they also have Hawaiian itineraries... So, no need for you to bother with Princess any more! That way, you will enjoy Celebrity perks, and leave us the heck alone!

Why so nasty? I do love Celebrity the best...just as you probably prefer Princess. However, I am not so narrowminded that I can't enjoy other cruiselines..or their itineraries. I have been on most all of the cruiselines many times and just prefer Celebritiy. Why does that upset you? And since Celebrity doesn't have a larger ship to cross the pacific, we decided to sail on Princess for the 5th time. God, what is this country coming to when you can't express a preference. Again, it is MY preference and good for you if you are loyal to Princess.

No need for such hostility... Seriously.

Julie, thanks for taking us along your mom's cruise! This would be a dream cruise for me!:)

Just a heads up, Terry aka "Sparkle" posted Live from the ship.

They have had issues with the internet. Tough enough that signs are posted on the ship about it.

She has a couple good tips about this cruise and some fun information.

Sounds like a great cruise and great CC group on board enjoying themselves!!

Wish I was one of them!!!!!

WOW!!!!!! Guess who got up on the wrong side of bed!!!!! How rude can one be???? :eek:

I would hope you aren't referring to me but if you are I apologize. I just couldn't believe that WORKING 2 CRUISE would tell someone "leave us the heck alone" when the poster said nothing negative. Hence my comment about rude, ignorant and arrogant.

Hi- yes I remember meeting you on the AK cruise. I have been good,no cruises planned this year,maybe next year??? I will try to post as much as I can from my mom, but so far not much info. They are real busy on the ship and or the internet is down some of the time.

Hi Julie!

We met at the meet and greet on the Island -cruising Alaska Aug/Sept last year! It was very nice and we got such nice name tags. Remember?

How have you been? We are planning on sailing on the Sapphire to HI in Jan and are enjoying all the info that you are sharing via your mom.

We did Celebrity Silhouette this Jan. and it was amazing. Loved all the perks, service, food etc. and the ship was beautiful and new. However, we do enjoy sailing Princess when they have the right intinerary and are so looking forward to sailing to HI.

Thanks so much for sharing the info and taking us along on your mom's cruise.

Hope all is well and that you continue to enjoy cruising. Here's hoping we meet again.

I forgot to ask...has your mom made any comments on the shortened 30 min production shows? Also, is food good?

Again, thanks.

She said the 30 min, shows per eve are fine.(they have gone to a few) But if you have been on as many cruises as she has, the production shows are the same ship to ship,etc.

She always enjoys the food on Princess.

Wow, after reading some of the posts on this page, I believe we got off topic about the current Sapphire Princess cruise(October 20, 2012).:eek:

My initial thoughts were to post what my mom was giving me concerning this cruise, sorry, it has not been much. I was also hoping someone from this cruise would post here as well.

Wow, after reading some of the posts on this page, I believe we got off topic about the current Sapphire Princess cruise(October 20, 2012).:eek:

My initial thoughts were to post what my mom was giving me concerning this cruise, sorry, it has not been much. I was also hoping someone from this cruise would post here as well.

Hi Julie, Your posts are appreciated. I just heard from "Sparkel" today again. It is hard for your Mom to send live info from the ship. Sparkel / Terry said that internet had been very difficult and spotty. Took her 20 mins to get a short email to me. She tried and tried to get a post on here.

Terry is going to try to send me Princess postcards email. Seems there are fewer problems sending them. She hopes to convey information on them for me to post on here for you.

It is worth a try. They have been enjoying a few tours both Princess and independent.

I was on the Sapphire the week before they sailed. I have been on her 3 times since the dry dock at the first of the year. It is a comfortable ship.

I saw beds being replaced nearly everyday while sailing. My bed was as hard as a rock. I have back damage and don't do well on a flat slab so I did require an egg crate. I found the bed still too firm but better with the cushion. I think it is a matter of personal choice. Everyone has their preference.

I know that Terry had no problem taking a case of wine and water on board at embarkation nor did I the week before. Just put a luggage tag on and it all was delivered to my cabin.

The word is that they are all having the time of their lives. Spectacular water, weather and cc friends.

Tallcruiser- weren't we on a cruise recently together? Your name rings a bell. Maybe we were on the same cruise, but we did not meet?Anyway, yes my mom has been having better luck sending the free Princess e-cards as well. I have not heard from her today. Tahiti looks beautiful from what i can see on the fuzzy web cam. The Princess web cam has been having difficulty since they left LA as well, sometimes it says sailing to Lahaina, when I know they have long left there. Glad your friends are having a great time. I will try to have my mom post a review or something when she gets home to decent internet, but we shall see. I told her that CC members are especially interested in this itinerary so she should think about posting.

Hi Julie, Your posts are appreciated. I just heard from "Sparkel" today again. It is hard for your Mom to send live info from the ship. Sparkel / Terry said that internet had been very difficult and spotty. Took her 20 mins to get a short email to me. She tried and tried to get a post on here.

Terry is going to try to send me Princess postcards email. Seems there are fewer problems sending them. She hopes to convey information on them for me to post on here for you.

It is worth a try. They have been enjoying a few tours both Princess and independent.

I was on the Sapphire the week before they sailed. I have been on her 3 times since the dry dock at the first of the year. It is a comfortable ship.

I saw beds being replaced nearly everyday while sailing. My bed was as hard as a rock. I have back damage and don't do well on a flat slab so I did require an egg crate. I found the bed still too firm but better with the cushion. I think it is a matter of personal choice. Everyone has their preference.

I know that Terry had no problem taking a case of wine and water on board at embarkation nor did I the week before. Just put a luggage tag on and it all was delivered to my cabin.

The word is that they are all having the time of their lives. Spectacular water, weather and cc friends.

Thanks for the effort Julie, I have some friends from Montana/Arizona on this cruise and have expected emails, but nothing. I'm sure they are having a great time, but wondered if they weren't having enough internet troubles to make it not worthwhile. Tell your mom to say Hi to Dean and Maryln if she knows them. Only 18 more days until we sail on the Island:D

Internet was working on the Sapphire last night. Heard from my mom.

In Tahiti the Princess tour they took they went to a waterfall which was beautiful, but had to hike over rocks & tree roots, but worth it.

Tahiti- bought fresh flowers at the flower market and took on board the ship no security problem. The flowers will last up til time to depart. No, can not take them off the ship in San Pedro(she would not want to anyway;they will be spent by that time)

That's all the news I have. She did tell me she will post a review of some sort on CC after she gets home, the good and bad.

Internet was working on the Sapphire last night. Heard from my mom.

In Tahiti the Princess tour they took they went to a waterfall which was beautiful, but had to hike over rocks & tree roots, but worth it.

Tahiti- bought fresh flowers at the flower market and took on board the ship no security problem. The flowers will last up til time to depart. No, can not take them off the ship in San Pedro(she would not want to anyway;they will be spent by that time)

That's all the news I have. She did tell me she will post a review of some sort on CC after she gets home, the good and bad.

I would love to read you Mom's review. I was booked on this cruise but cancelled due to a really bad review of last year's cruise with the same itinerary. Would really like to know if last year's bad experience was just an anomaly.

I only hear bits and pieces, so not much to report.

Seas a little rough Friday(yesterday) and all night, somewhat today. Ship going side to side.(don't think it is bothering my mom,just an observation)

The web cam looked calm to me yesterday and some white caps today, I'll take her word for it, they are on the ship.

Internet not working very well on Friday.

They are loving the Elite laundry perk. My mom's husband is liking the sea days, but my mom says not so much now. Not sure if there is not enough activities on these last sea days or why she says she is ready to go home?:confused:

They have been going to the anytime dining rooms as well as the specialty restaurants. My mom has visited the hair salon a few times as well.

Not sure if they have been to the pools or jacuzzi's she did not say.

I would love to read you Mom's review. I was booked on this cruise but cancelled due to a really bad review of last year's cruise with the same itinerary. Would really like to know if last year's bad experience was just an anomaly.

I read that review too and was worried because I was booked on this year's cruise, but I didn't cancel and I am so glad! I am on the cruise as I write and am having a wonderful time (apart from the patchy internet) - the weather has been kind, the refurbished ship is more beautiful than ever, and the CD's staff (it's Billy Hygate so you can't go wrong) are doing a good job.

The only thing I wonder is why they didn't do the route in reverse - 8 sea days at the beginning with all the ports in anticipation and people exploring the ship would seem psychologically better - I love sea days but would have preferred 8 at the beginning and 4 at the end.

Crossing the equator ceremony today - not for me, I've done it before - but it should be fun for newbies.

I read that review too and was worried because I was booked on this year's cruise, but I didn't cancel and I am so glad! I am on the cruise as I write and am having a wonderful time (apart from the patchy internet) - the weather has been kind, the refurbished ship is more beautiful than ever, and the CD's staff (it's Billy Hygate so you can't go wrong) are doing a good job.

The only thing I wonder is why they didn't do the route in reverse - 8 sea days at the beginning with all the ports in anticipation and people exploring the ship would seem psychologically better - I love sea days but would have preferred 8 at the beginning and 4 at the end.

Crossing the equator ceremony today - not for me, I've done it before - but it should be fun for newbies.

Jollyjones- if you see a tall red head with glasses,Lois. Say hello that's my mom. Hope she took part in the equator crossing ceremony;her 1st time crossing the equator. Hope you are having plenty to do on your last few sea days before you get to San Pedro. Billy Hygate was the CD on my cruise in May of this year, boy can he sing. Enjoy.

So glad to hear it. Continue to enjoy...

A little bit of news from my mom on The Sapphire.

She went to the equator crossing ceremony and said the pool will never be the same.:D Had fish,whipped cream, fruits & vegetables,etc. in it. It was fun to see she said.

They have met some really great people aboard the ship.

She is still looking forward to embarking, I guess too many sea days on this leg for her.(her first cruise this many sea days;now she knows she can't do this many again)

She said no more Princess e cards, I am not sure if just for the rest of her voyage or if Princess has discontinued them all together, she did not elaborate.

Sunday the water was much calmer/smoother.

Saw a comedian Jeff N. in the past few days and he was pretty good she said.

I've read other people suggest reversing the itinerary in other threads on this topic. I wonder why they don't consider that. I've shopped this cruise for a while now and I know HAL has a similar itinerary that breaks up the sea days a little more than Princess. Many people feel like the cruise is over after the last port and it makes the 8 sea days at the end seem very long. Interesting to read that you think the same thing. I still think I want to try it, though.

A bit more from my mom on board from Tues. 11/13.

She went to a fashion show that the models participating consisted of staff & passengers modeling "stuff" from the boutiques on board.

She was also going to go to a "new" show.:confused: Not sure if it was a new show for the ship?, if it was a production show, comedian? She doesn't tend to elaborate on e-mail.

Bucky3- she only did Princess tours on this cruise, so hopefully she said after she gets home and settled she will write a review for this cruise on CC. I know she was disappointed in a few of the tours.(Apia for 1) They did a few wandering around tours on their own in Hawaii.

I would hope you aren't referring to me but if you are I apologize. I just couldn't believe that WORKING 2 CRUISE would tell someone "leave us the heck alone" when the poster said nothing negative. Hence my comment about rude, ignorant and arrogant.

Please know I was definitely NOT referring to you!!! I just couldn't believe the "leave us the heck alone" comment. It was totally uncalled for and I was merely agreeing with your evaluation of such rudeness. ;)

Archived