Car rental - POM to FLL?

CRocks

Havin trouble findin rental agencies with offices at POM and drop-off at FLL. Any suggestions? Gonna spend the day in Miami + fly out next day, that's why not using shuttle. THANX!

None of the agencies have offices at the Port. Some have in downtown Miami and most have them at the airport location.

Alamo is one that offers free shuttle from the Port to the MIA location. I know there are a few others and it was just on a recent thread. I'm sure if you do a search, you can find which others have shuttles also.

Worse case, a cab is $24 flat rate plus tip to MIA if you get a great car rate and they don't offer shuttle.

If you rent a car from MIA via Dollar or Thrifty..they will pick you up at the port and bring you to the terminal for your car rental post cruise. You can return the car to FLL no problem. Just let the driver know you are picking up a car ( show him email confirmation just in case he gets snippy)..

Avis, Hertz and Budget all have downtown locations. We used Avis.

You will need to take a cab from the port and be prepared to tip well because your driver will not be happy. He/she lined up at the port expecting a good sized fare. ;)

We are using SAS to get from POM to a car rental agency at FLL. Since there's 4 of us, we won't get all of our luggage plus us into a rental car. So SAS will drop 2 of us off at the hotel and two of us at FLL car rental, then we can drive the car back to the hotel. This was the easiest and cheapest way I could find.

We used Hertz before. There is one car rental place located just a mile from POM in the downtown area that we used once but I cannot remember which one it was. I believe you have to call and book over the phone for some reason. We found their websites not helpful for booking this. The reps on the phone were very helpful though.

Ok I must have misunderstood SAS's web site, i thought it stated that they would only pick you up at POM and bring you to FLL if you used them to get their before the cruise :confused: I will look at this again thank you all.

In addition to SAS check out QLS (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) -- all three are regularly suggested on these boards for shuttle service between FLL and POM.

Good luck! :)

We are looking at flying into MIA (using airline travel points, and they dont fly into FLL using points) but we are sailing out of Port Everglades, and are staying the night before in Dania Beach.... ABC Limo is offering a private town car (no sharing, no waiting for a van to fill up with other PAX, etc...) for $126.50 including taxes, and gratuity... with "meet and greet" service at MIA baggage claim, and door to door service to our hotel.... abclimo7@bellsouth.net

We are using SAS to get from POM to a car rental agency at FLL. Since there's 4 of us, we won't get all of our luggage plus us into a rental car. So SAS will drop 2 of us off at the hotel and two of us at FLL car rental, then we can drive the car back to the hotel. This was the easiest and cheapest way I could find.

Have you considered renting the car from MIA? The cost of a minivan or premium car might end up saving you a few bucks when you consider the SAS fee. There are lots of savings codes on this board and online. Some of the rental agencies have free shuttle to their pick up locations. I've done 5 people before and it worked great for us. All 5 of us were allowed on the shuttle, grabbed the van, loaded our luggage and away we went. We used Alamo.

Havin trouble findin rental agencies with offices at POM and drop-off at FLL. Any suggestions? Gonna spend the day in Miami + fly out next day, that's why not using shuttle. THANX!

I've used Thrifty twice in the past year, and they shuttle from the MIA rental concourse to the ports. No need for any cabs etc.

Archived