Safeguarding cash going through TSA screening

cruiselover**

We always send one person thru the scanner, then our possessions go thru....and the other person waits until everything has cleared....as sometimes, the scanner will spit your stuff back out the back.....leaving your possessions open and available to anyone who hasn't gone thru security.

Sometimes, the agents will get upset that I'm waiting to go thru, but I tell them I'm NOT going until my things have cleared....too bad for them.

Things are a bit harder now, since hubby has a pacemaker. At airports where they don't have the body scanner, he cannot go thru the metal detector, which leaves me to go thru security alone....so I really do hold up the line.....I refuse to go thru until my things are visible on the other side of the scanner.

Just keep your eyes open and on your things....it'll be fine. And, divide your funds between the two of you....ALL of you cash should not be in your pocketbook or his wallet! Spread the risk!

Will you allow the people behind you to go ahead while you wait for your bags to appear? Personally, I'd rather be on the other side, ready to greet my bag as it comes out of the scanner, pick it up, and get out of the way before it all piles up. And before someone else picks it up by accident.

Will you allow the people behind you to go ahead while you wait for your bags to appear? Personally, I'd rather be on the other side, ready to greet my bag as it comes out of the scanner, pick it up, and get out of the way before it all piles up. And before someone else picks it up by accident.

I can't count the number of times I've put my stuff on the belt to go through the scanner, it starts to go through, then they see something (on the screen) inside the stuff in front of mine, so they back the belt up, and my stuff is now back outside the scanner, landslide, sitting in plain view and accessible to anyone waiting in line, while the screener and a supervisor point at the screen and discuss whatever it is they see that has them concerned. If I had already gone through the scanner myself in those cases, I'd be stuck waiting who knows how long for my valuables.

For that reason, I never go through the metal detector/scanner until all of my stuff has at least entered the scanner and gone far enough that even if they back it up a little, it won't come back out and be accessible to others. I can then walk quickly through the scanner and be waiting for it when it comes out the other side. If someone wants to walk through the scanner ahead of me, they are more than welcome. I will say though, that I've only once or twice had an agent urge me to walk through before my stuff went through, and in fact I've heard them tell people on multiple occasions to wait until their own stuff goes through. So I think they actually prefer that everyone go through at roughly the same time their own stuff is actually going through.

Archived