You Can Now Take Wine on Royal Caribbean

Do you have to have the wine on you when you board to begin with, or can we grab it after when we hop of the ship. Just wondering as we are flying in, so would rather board, & worry about looking for a bottle shop later, as we dont sail until midnight.

you are saying that 2 bottle are necessary for their consumption but i would say that these 2 bottles are insufficient for me i will go for 4 bottles if they really allow me to do

The more the merrier :D im traveling with a SIL that doesnt drink so she can carry on her share for me.:D

Good morning Gae,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that:

"Effective 11/01/12 guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them

at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per

stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining

venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00."

Kind regards,

Krystal Van Someren

Telephone: 1800 754 500 • Fax: 02 4322 0326 • Email:

cruiseadmin.au@rcclapac.com

Royal Caribbean Cruises Australia • Level 2, 80 Arthur Street, North

Sydney, NSW, 2060

I figure I'll take a copy of this to my 23/24 November embarkments - just in case!

you are saying that 2 bottle are necessary for their consumption but i would say that these 2 bottles are insufficient for me i will go for 4 bottles if they really allow me to do

You could get the 1.5 litre bottles, LOL.

hahahah! What a laugh... well on technicalities... you really could take two of them onboard :p.

They are still a "bottle" after all.

Imagine the look on their faces but :eek:

Hi

That is good news, but I just got off the rhapsody on sunday 14th Oct ,I brought a wine package ,12 bottles and some nights after dinner ,I would take my wine to the schooner bar,and drink it there ,how are they going to know I am a wine package .

don,t they put some sort of sticker on your set sail pass?

Has anyone found a link to an official statement from RCI stating 2 bottles per cabin?

cheers (no pun intended)

Not an announcement but you'll see they've updated their official policy online, although only in the US at this point:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ&

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

I hope Carnival Australia change their policy on this matter. Pathetic really that they obviously think we in Australia are immature or irresponsible and banned from taking a bottle onboard at embarkation time.

USA Carnival, not only can you take a bottle on board, you can order alcohol pre cruise to be delivered to your cabin!

Ok so why do you think your not allowed to take soft drink on, but you can take wine, isnt that discrimination to non drinkers lol. You use to be able to take soft drink :confused: But i am happy to take wine :D

I'm sure if you took both wine and soft drink the person would feel way too stupid preventing you from bringing the soft drink on but allowing wine :p

Maybe if you took JUST soft drink they wouldn't feel so silly about it :rolleyes:

For the effort it takes to get soft drink on a cruise, I think it's more valuable to just buy it on there really.

I have taken Gluten Free beer (me being Coeliac) on board ship. I was queried once, but once I told them of my condition and the fact no cruise line to my knowledge stocked Gluten Free beer, all was fine.

Actually in Fort Lauderdale last year - Coral Princess - Panama Canal. I E-Mailed Princess Cruises and they put on a case of Redbridge gluten free beer for me, delivered it to my cabin, I paid for it on my cruise account. Good service that.

I am going to E Mail Celebrity Cruises soon and ask if it is OK to bring on some GF Beer for our Solstice Cruise, Sydney-Auckland on 4 March next year. I have my response from them re GF diets on board, so will bring that with me to support my request. After all, a man is not a camel. LOL.

(Celebrity Cruises are part of the Royal Caribbean dynasty.)

I have taken Gluten Free beer (me being Coeliac) on board ship. I was queried once, but once I told them of my condition and the fact no cruise line to my knowledge stocked Gluten Free beer, all was fine.

Actually in Fort Lauderdale last year - Coral Princess - Panama Canal. I E-Mailed Princess Cruises and they put on a case of Redbridge gluten free beer for me, delivered it to my cabin, I paid for it on my cruise account. Good service that.

I am going to E Mail Celebrity Cruises soon and ask if it is OK to bring on some GF Beer for our Solstice Cruise, Sydney-Auckland on 4 March next year. I have my response from them re GF diets on board, so will bring that with me to support my request. After all, a man is not a camel. LOL.

(Celebrity Cruises are part of the Royal Caribbean dynasty.)

Les what beers are gluten free beer?

I have in the Past year become affected by products that contain too much Gluten,quite bad stomach problems.

I drink low carb beer but am not aware of gluten free beer.

Cheers.

Den

Ok so why do you think your not allowed to take soft drink on, but you can take wine, isnt that discrimination to non drinkers lol. You use to be able to take soft drink :confused: But i am happy to take wine :D

I think it just goes back to original cruise rules.

Wine is available onboard but selection is just not extensive enough for some cruisers who are wine buffs especially aged wines so cruise company's allowed wine to be brought onboard.

In 2008 We bought Traceys sister a very expensive bottle of Champagne for her 50th which was on Pacific Dawn,I contacted P&O before hand and was given permission to take it aboard and hand over to the Maitre,d because this champagne was not available on P&O ships.

There was of course some trouble when boarding the ship as security refused to let me take it with me but on my insistence and persistence an onboard P&O employee came ashore and ok,ed it with security.

I did not have to hand it over to MDR staff and it was great to drink on the birthday morning:D But I was allowed to bring it because it was written in P&O,s full terms and conditions.(maybe not now?)

Soft drink on the other hand I suppose is not likely to affect passengers quite the same way and although some much prefer Coke over Pepsi etc the majority nowadays would be taking it onboard just to save money. This is also true of wine but a case of soft drink each bought onboard would last the entire cruise whereas a bottle of wine is commonly consumed in one dinner seating.

Den

Les what beers are gluten free beer?

I have in the Past year become affected by products that contain too much Gluten,quite bad stomach problems.

I drink low carb beer but am not aware of gluten free beer.

Cheers.

Den

Den, gluten free beer in Australia, have tried O'Briens Lager and Pale Ale, around $67 a case, so I don't get it very often. I generally drink Cider, plus pletny of wine of course, it is all GF. Plenty of Ciders on the market for around $40 on special, Strongbow, 3 Oaks etc. Most cruise lines, including Princess have Strongbow on board.

Normal beer contains Wheat and Barley which has the Gluten protein, which does the damage to Coeliacs and probably to others with a gluten intolerance.

Den, gluten free beer in Australia, have tried O'Briens Lager and Pale Ale, around $67 a case, so I don't get it very often. I generally drink Cider, plus pletny of wine of course, it is all GF. Plenty of Ciders on the market for around $40 on special, Strongbow, 3 Oaks etc. Most cruise lines, including Princess have Strongbow on board.

Normal beer contains Wheat and Barley which has the Gluten protein, which does the damage to Coeliacs and probably to others with a gluten intolerance.

Thanks that was easy! Found it on Dan Murphy,s site:)

I also see Billabong has a range of GF beers,not sure if any are available in WA.

My bottle shop used to sell Macabe a yeast free beer used by some Jewish beer drinkers and that seemed to be better than normal beer (they dont sell it anymore:( )

Thanks again

Den

Great news indeed for our Jan 13 cruise! Good commonsense decision.

Just wondering if anyone has details of the Aussie and NZ wine packages that available on RCL cruises out of Australia? Not on their website and my emails were never answered. I know these can only be purchased onboard.

Cheers!

Great news indeed for our Jan 13 cruise! Good commonsense decision.

Just wondering if anyone has details of the Aussie and NZ wine packages that available on RCL cruises out of Australia? Not on their website and my emails were never answered. I know these can only be purchased onboard.

Cheers!

Got a 12 bottle package costing $280 in March on Radiance. Can't remember what wines were in the package except for a Lindemans red that we partook of quite a bit:p. This included 6 white and 6 red including a bottle of bubbly. You could have the same label wine every time or go through the range. Keep your receipt for the first time you use it untill your sea pass is updated.

Prices may be different now. Hope this helps a little.

Archived