Welcome Back and Bon Voyage to the Gem Passengers

BlueJai

We have all been watching the devastation in the East that Sandy caused and many of us have been reading these boards to see what was happening with those currently onboard the GEM, while also wondering what was to happen to those that are awaiting their cruise.

After a rough couple of days, it looks like the GEM will make her way back into NY in the morning, and by this time tomorrow night, some of those awaiting her arrival will be onboard enjoying their vacation.

So, to those coming back, let's welcome them back, and to those who will finally be sailing tomorrow, let's wish them a great vacation!:)

And to those suffering the effects of Sandy, let's send our thoughts and prayers.

Bluejai

We have all been watching the devastation in the East that Sandy caused and many of us have been reading these boards to see what was happening with those currently onboard the GEM, while also wondering what was to happen to those that are awaiting their cruise.

After a rough couple of days, it looks like the GEM will make her way back into NY in the morning, and by this time tomorrow night, some of those awaiting her arrival will be onboard enjoying their vacation.

So, to those coming back, let's welcome them back, and to those who will finally be sailing tomorrow, let's wish them a great vacation!:)

And to those suffering the effects of Sandy, let's send our thoughts and prayers.

Bluejai

**like** :D

Bluejai

Ditto :D

Bluejai

Very well said!

Bluejai

Very well said.

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone as well.

Bluejai

Well said Bluejai :)

Bluejai

Great comment! :)

Well said, my thoughts and prayers go out to those who are in the middle of the mess that Sandy left behind.

Welcome home GEM and passengers and Bon Voyage and good luck to those who choose to rebook and had that open option to do so.

I love the GEM she's a beautiful ship(I can not get enough of her LOL), I am glad she was able to handle what came and able to continue on for future cruises.

Have a wonderful and Safe Friday everyone :D

Well said, my thoughts and prayers go out to those who are in the middle of the mess that Sandy left behind.

Welcome home GEM and passengers and Bon Voyage and good luck to those who choose to rebook and had that open option to do so.

I love the GEM she's a beautiful ship(I can not get enough of her LOL), I am glad she was able to handle what came and able to continue on for future cruises.

Have a wonderful and Safe Friday everyone :D

How is the Rockland area? I heard bad and I need to work in that area next week.

Kathy

How is the Rockland area? I heard bad and I need to work in that area next week.

Kathy

My daughter lives in Rockland County....from what she says...depends on area..some have power..some not...gas in very short supply...still trees down...

My daughter lives in Rockland County....from what she says...depends on area..some have power..some not...gas in very short supply...still trees down...

I'm here in Orange County. There are gas lines, price gouging, fighting and stealing going on. Unbelievable. A friend of my boss (who is 8 months pregnant) was at a gas station in Butler, New Jersey filling her car and a gas can. Some moron tried to steal the gas can from her. Really? stealing from a pregnant woman?

I'm here in Orange County. There are gas lines, price gouging, fighting and stealing going on. Unbelievable. A friend of my boss (who is 8 months pregnant) was at a gas station in Butler, New Jersey filling her car and a gas can. Some moron tried to steal the gas can from her. Really? stealing from a pregnant woman?

I'm in OC too. That poor woman! Things like this bring out the best, and unfortunately the worst in people.

I haven't ventured out yet (have to today finally), because I'm trying to conserve the gas in my car. I've heard the local, out of the way gas stations are ok, it's the ones near the highways and in Middletown/Goshen that are nuts.

I'm in OC too. That poor woman! Things like this bring out the best, and unfortunately the worst in people.

I haven't ventured out yet (have to today finally), because I'm trying to conserve the gas in my car. I've heard the local, out of the way gas stations are ok, it's the ones near the highways and in Middletown/Goshen that are nuts.

I have to travel a very large area for my job so I've been calling stores I have to go to to see if they have power. I have been seeing areas where everything is normal and other areas where people have just lost their minds.

My niece works for the Quik Check in Florida. They ran out of gas last night. Got more in very early this morning. My brother said he dropped her off to work (to conserve fuel) and he wound up helping them for an hour they were so mobbed. My SIL said going down 211 in Middletown was a nightmare of traffic backed up for gas stations (last night). She also told me a gas station out on 17K was price gouging.

Staten Island looks like Florida did after Hurricane Andrew. The councilman (or mayor) asked Where is the Red Cross? Those poor people. The death toll is going to rise significantly after every house there is checked. It is all so heartbreaking.

I'm in Rockland. The gas is the big deal now - lines everywhere and people fighting - and there are still many areas without power. Most of northern Rockland has it back, but there are parts of Suffern/Airmont/Montebello and areas in New City that don't have it. Not sure about the Orangeburg/Pearl River area.

Definitely out of gas everywhere. Lines are forming everywhere hours before they expect gas to arrive!

Thankfully they finally declared a federal state of emergency. I'm in Stony Point and the waterfront is a mess. Lots of home loss for our waterfront homeowners :(

So glad the marathon was canceled. That really irked me.

Archived