Island Tours for Tortola, St. Maarten, St.Kitts, Guadeloupe, and Barbados.

poputchik

My husband, our ten year old daughter and I will be leaving for the South Caribbean cruise on Brilliance of the Seas on December 15. We'll visit the following islands: Tortola, St. Maarten, St.Kitts, Guadeloupe, and Barbados.

Can anyone recommend which islands are more suitable for sightseeing and which ones are less interesting so we can just stay on a beach and do some snorkeling? We'd like to do shore excursions on two or three islands to visit interesting historic sites (fortresses, churches), see beautiful scenery, and try some local food.

The ship's shore excursions all seem to be much too expensive. Can anyone recommend good, reliable tour companies for any of mentioned islands?

Tortola offer an Island tour right at the dock for about $20 USD PP

It would depend on your interests

We have been to the first 3 on your list there is something to view at all

I agree check out the PORTS OF CALL forum & also your ROLL CALL where you might find other to join on private tours

Enjoy

I see that you've joined the CC yesterday or today. To expand on what was already said, as the e-mail you received when joining the CC states:

Find shore excursion and tour operator guidance on our Ports of Call forums.

There were other ideas in the e-mail on how to best use the CC. It may be worth reading again.

Good luck -

• 3 weeks later...
My husband, our ten year old daughter and I will be leaving for the South Caribbean cruise on Brilliance of the Seas on December 15. We'll visit the following islands: Tortola, St. Maarten, St.Kitts, Guadeloupe, and Barbados.

Can anyone recommend which islands are more suitable for sightseeing and which ones are less interesting so we can just stay on a beach and do some snorkeling? We'd like to do shore excursions on two or three islands to visit interesting historic sites (fortresses, churches), see beautiful scenery, and try some local food.

The ship's shore excursions all seem to be much too expensive. Can anyone recommend good, reliable tour companies for any of mentioned islands?

Royston in St Kitts, Bernard in St Maarten. Both are full-island tours that take up most of the time the ship is in port. Good value for the money.

In Tortola take the ferry to Virgin Gorda then go to the Baths. You will not believe the Baths. There are HUGE bolders, some the size of a building, on and along the beach. There is also snorkeling ere. This is one place I'd keep going back to. Just make sure you get back to Totola at least 1/2 hour befor the ship leaves. Google The Baths.

In Barbadoes we feed the turtles. You don't feed them like the rays, the dive master does. The ship has a tour here too but David is 1/2 the price and more then 1/2 the people. He also goes to two ship wrecks, 75' apart for snorkeling. Let me know if you want info on contacting him.

In St. Maartin you can ride the local bus for $1.25, paid when you get off. We plan to go to Maho Beach where the planes literally land/take off RIGHT over your head.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived