ruby cabin selection

sueajp

Hi helpful folks.. still confused and have a question about choosing balcony cabins on Ruby for the Mediterranean next Sept. I believe Caribe has the biggest balcony half covered half not... BUT does Baja and Aloha have fully covered decks? Can we have a cabin next to our friends where the balcony can connect? Any other recommendations for picking the right balcony? We cruised on the Golden to British Isles and loved that no one could look into our balcony but cannot remember what deck we were on!!!!! Been awhile! I think we will lean towards the mid ship cabins. With such a port intensive 14 day itinerary, I am not sure the balcony is as big an issue as we seem to be making it!! Thanks in advaince!

Baja and Aloha balconies are covered but shallow. Anyone on Caribe or Dolphin can look back and up into your balcony. You'll be somewhat protected from sun and rain. As long as your cabins start with the same number, your steward can open the narrow balcony door so you can pass through from one to the other. Cabin numbering changes at the fire doors. That's why the numbers aren't continuous along the deck and why, because of the fire door, cabin balconies between fire doors can't be opened.

We cruised on the Golden to British Isles and loved that no one could look into our balcony but cannot remember what deck we were on!!!!!

Try to get over thinking those above or below you are looking at you on your balcony.

We almost always book a Caribe deck balcony cabin and never look down on those below us. It's just not that interesting. Think about it...do you spend a lot of time looking at people on other balconies?

There are very few balconies on a ship that are truly private.

Lew

Thanks for your help! We will book shortly and I wanted to be prepared! Cruise Critics Rock! I am very excited about this itinerary! I probably won't have any time to sit on the balcony! LOL:p

Sue, I think we're on your cruise!

Do the Caribe balconies have loungers or just chairs to sit in on the Ruby?

In addition to two regular chairs there are two high-back chairs with adjustable seat backs. They're not traditional loungers, but they can be adjusted.

Lew

Thanks again one and all.. Booked Caribe cabins today for us and our friends! It was tricky to get two together so we are a bit further aft than maybe we wanted but near to the elevator. Sage, we are on the Sept 21st sailing.. and you? So excited to finally get to the Mediterranean.

:)

Thanks again one and all.. Booked Caribe cabins today for us and our friends! It was tricky to get two together so we are a bit further aft than maybe we wanted but near to the elevator. Sage, we are on the Sept 21st sailing.. and you? So excited to finally get to the Mediterranean.

:)

Aft is good; you'll like aft. Easy to get to the Traditional dining room and easy to get to the buffet; easy ride up to Adagio for a drink; always good to be near an elevator. FYI: if you're aft, the closer laundry room is one deck down on Dolphin.

Have a fantastic cruise. Cruising the Med cruise (whatever the itinerary!) is fantastic.

Archived