Freaking out right now help please

Rainbowfalls

My bf is from Michigan well we had problems with vital check well his mom said she would get it from the dept of vital stats in lansing Anyways she told them what it was for and they told her that we won't be able to board using a birth certificate that only passports are being accepted now.

Has anyone been recently to the Bahamas with a bc and Id?? I talked to carnival just a week ago and they said birth certificates are fine long as it's the long form but now I am worried.

I know it's probably fine and they are giving out wrong info i just want to be sure and with the cruise next month i am a jumble of nerves lol

As long as it is a closed loop cruise, (starting and ending in the same port), a drivers license and birth certificate is fine. Make sure the BC has a raised seal though. Have a great cruise! :)

I boarded and disembarked the Pride a couple of weeks ago using a photocopy of my birth certificate, no one said a word (the DHS regs specifiy "original or copy"). It does need to be issued by a government agency though, no baptismal certificates or hospital issued certificates. (I would still advise using the original that one receives from the state, but not all states use raised seal anyway.)

My bf is from Michigan well we had problems with vital check well his mom said she would get it from the dept of vital stats in lansing Anyways she told them what it was for and they told her that we won't be able to board using a birth certificate that only passports are being accepted now.

I'm from MI, too. They gave her bad advice in Lansing. I always use my bc to cruise (in and out of same US port). As someone else said, just make sure it's issued from gov't agency. MI doesn't used raised seals but it will have a watermark. If she got it from the vital statistics office or vital check, it will be fine.

You will be fine. Just make sure you use the copy given to you by the state. DO NOT take a copy because they are not supposed to take that and can turn you away.

Yes, DO NOT TAKE A COPY.....order a State copy! I had a photocopy of mine and was almost NOT allowed on the cruise several years ago....my whole family waiting on me....YIKES! So, I have a passport now :)

Thank you everyone :) we told her to just proceed buying the bc. I hope this is my last spazzy moment but knowing myself it won't be lol, but thank you all for being so kind and reassuring and helping :)

Okay now it is time to just enjoy the count down. No more freaking out!:D

Another option for your bf is getting an Enhanced Drivers License (EDL). The EDL works the same as a Passport Card and that would be all he would need to take. If I remember correctly it was about $45.00 and took about 10 days to get in the mail.

Archived