solo in miami

Cabot49

I'm cruising out of Miami and my flight gets in at 9 am the day before the cruise. I am travelling alone. Are there any hotels near the airport with things to do within walking distance, or should I just head downtown. As cost is a factor for me and should I head downtown, any suggestions for safety and budget friendly?

thanks

Hampton Inn/Suites has a location at Blue Lagoon by the airport; across the road is a Publix and some dining options. The Brickell location is nearer to port and downtown, is on the MetroMover line, short walk to Mary Brickell Village with shopping, dining, and nightlife. Top-rated on tripadvisor and a little higher priced. I was going to choose between these 2 and ended up bidding on priceline; ended up at Hyatt Regency downtown which is also near the Metromover but getting a lot of bad reviews, apparently needs renovated.

Hampton Inn/Suites has a location at Blue Lagoon by the airport; across the road is a Publix and some dining options. The Brickell location is nearer to port and downtown, is on the MetroMover line, short walk to Mary Brickell Village with shopping, dining, and nightlife. Top-rated on tripadvisor and a little higher priced. I was going to choose between these 2 and ended up bidding on priceline; ended up at Hyatt Regency downtown which is also near the Metromover but getting a lot of bad reviews, apparently needs renovated.

We stayed at downtown Miami Hyatt Regency last year and thought it was great...bid 4 star downtown last week and thought we would get Hyatt, but got Intercontinental, so we are happy!

We stayed at downtown Miami Hyatt Regency last year and thought it was great...bid 4 star downtown last week and thought we would get Hyatt, but got Intercontinental, so we are happy!

Glad to hear this. I don't normally obsess over reviews but Hyatt is getting a lot of bad ones. I'm pretty sure we'll be fine for one night.

Archived