Express Luggage

Cruiser-66

In a way I understand what your saying. I'm the only one checking a bag. My husband and the two girls don't have a bag to check. All we are hoping to get for them is a boarding pass, since we are traveling together as a family. I don't think that would be worth $80.

In a way I understand what your saying. I'm the only one checking a bag. My husband and the two girls don't have a bag to check. All we are hoping to get for them is a boarding pass, since we are traveling together as a family. I don't think that would be worth $80.

I think you got it (understanding) and I agree that it is not worth $80.

Can someone help me on how this works, do they do it on board during the cruise or do you have to do it befor.

We have always done it on board. It is only some home cruiseports and some airlines. You fill out a form and actually check-in on the ship, they issue boarding passes and bag labels. You put your bags outside your door (as normal) and the next time you see them is at your home airport at baggage claim.

Can someone help me on how this works, do they do it on board during the cruise or do you have to do it befor.

About midway through the cruise you'll receive instructions on how to take advantage of Luggage Express.

It will be charged to your S&S.

• 4 weeks later...

I would register one person for the express service, then the other three check in using ship internet service at 24 hour prior mark--there is a printer there for boarding passes printouts. Worth the internet fee.

I called Carnival to find out if we can use Express Luggage when flying on Southwest. They said they can't tell me which airlines can be used until I get on the ship.

Not very helpful when I'm trying to figure out whether to book a non-stop return at 11:00AM (2:20 hr flight time) or a 1:30 PM w/ a hop (7:00 hr flight time). I'll bet you can guess which one I'd prefer!!!!

Anyone have a knowledge about Southwest & Express Luggage?

Thanks!

All we are hoping to get for them is a boarding pass, since we are traveling together as a family.
This is only an issue if you do not already have assigned seats (or if you are flying SW). Is it worth $20 to you to not schlep the luggage to the airport? If you are not checking any other bags, the rest of your party may use the kiosks at the airport to check in.

Also, the $20 is above and beyond any airline bag fees that you may incur (unless of course you hold status with your airline).

Our group used luggage express in July when we were on the Freedom. We ported in Fort Lauderdale and flew Southwest. So no baggage fees, just luggage express fee.....so worth it!

It was awesome because we had a later flight and you cannot check your bags until about 2 1/2 hours before flight.

Our friends had to drag their luggage around all day. :(

Good luck!

Hattack: We're going 1/12/2013.

As for the extra $20/person, if I can use Express Luggage w/ SWA & make a non-stop at 11:00 AM - it's well worth the $20!

I'd just walk off the ship, go through customs & catch a cab to the airport. Don't have to wait for luggage of schlep it around. Seems reasonable to me - especially to get home 5 hours sooner!

Am I missing something in my thought process regarding this?

Thanks

I called Carnival to find out if we can use Express Luggage when flying on Southwest. They said they can't tell me which airlines can be used until I get on the ship.

Not very helpful when I'm trying to figure out whether to book a non-stop return at 11:00AM (2:20 hr flight time) or a 1:30 PM w/ a hop (7:00 hr flight time). I'll bet you can guess which one I'd prefer!!!!

Anyone have a knowledge about Southwest & Express Luggage?

Thanks!

The one you prefer wouldn't qualify for luggage express even if SW was participating.

Pretty sure 11am is too early.

Bill

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I just used luggage express off the freedom in fort lauderdale and the earliest this ship could enroll you in this program was 11:30, which was great for me as i left at 11:35. Wasnt great for my sister as she left at 11:20 on southwest and she could not participate. I would suggest asking people who just embarked from tampa on the time frames. I did notice if you were flying out of miami you had to have flights after 2. This by far is the best program ever and i always take advantage of it.

OK, if 11:00 AM is too early for Express Luggage; can I get off, clear customs & catch a cab and make an 11:00 AM flight?

Or am I just pipe dreaming? I travel for business all the time & will do what's necessary to go non-stop.

Thanks again

OK, if 11:00 AM is too early for Express Luggage; can I get off, clear customs & catch a cab and make an 11:00 AM flight?

Or am I just pipe dreaming? I travel for business all the time & will do what's necessary to go non-stop.

Thanks again

Depends....If international guests have to clear customs before anyone gets off the boat. I just got back and a guy had to be called to custom for about 30 minutes before he showed up. No one gets off boat if Canadians and International dont show up when they are supposed to...all guests must be accounted for.

I believe it is doable if you do self assist. On the freedom, they allowed the self assist to leave off the ship first, then they called zones. The first announcement occurred about 6:30am. You can always go to guest services and request zone one as you have an early flight. I was zone four as i had used luggage express and my zone was called around 8:30. The line through customs was pretty long which took us about thirty minutes. At 9:10 i had cleared customs and was waiting for my reserved shuttle.

that time of year, fog may also be a factor...the flight you want is probably too early to utilize luggage express..if the stars are aligned you could probably self disembarke and make it, but be prepared for the hassles if you don't...good luck

Archived