Drinks and bottled water

mlkitt3

We are doing a 33 day med cruise next year have not cruised with Hal for a lot of years. Do they sell bottled water? Does their Non alcohol $50 card allow water? Does a Soda card allow water? Are the cards worth the money?

Any info will be helpful:rolleyes:

You can bring as much bottled water onboard as you wish; just slap a label on the case(s) and drop it off with the rest of your luggage.

That said, the water on the ship is good enough to drink and we don't bother bringing any water onboard or buying it (it's not cheap).

I don't see much value in the cards and don't buy them.

We drink almost no soda and think the water on the ship delicious. I drink a lot of ice water and think the taste fine and likely it is more pure than most of what we buy in all those bottles. Thus, we don't buy the non-alcohol drink card.

I think the water tastes fine but I am one of the people who bring bottled water with me as I like to have some when I get off the ship for excursions. In addition, my feet swell quite a bit and I do not know whether it is from the salt in the food, the possibility of salt in the water or from other reasons that I am not aware of. I also bring sodas for my consumption while on board.

As just said water on ship is fine and you can bring all you want on board, we just bring large plastic water bottles and use them while on any cruise.

I meant to add that we also use reusable water bottles for taking on excursions.

Thanks for your advise we knew that we could take water on board have just come off celebrity they have a package that includes bottle water with all non alcoholic drinks. Last time on Hal we had drink cards that had to be punched each time you had a drink. I was sick one time and the only thing we could go back to was the water so prefer to have bottled or at the least boiled which I have done with coffee mugs sitting cooling in the cabin before I can put it in a plastic bottle.:o

Years ago I bought collaspable bottles from Magellans and I fill those when we got on a tour.

The water on the ships is much better than the water we get from our taps at home.

The only card that is worth anything is the $250 Beverage Card which costs $225. That is the card we buy. And you can use it for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, bottled water, coffees and teas in the Explorations Cafe and sodas. On a 33 day cruise, you will find that the card will be used up very quickly. Also the 15% gratuity is subtracted from the card. You get a receipt each time you purchase something so you always know how much is left on the card. If you decide to buy a card, take a black marker with you and write your cabin number on the card. A couple of times the bar staff have mixed up the cards.

If you are a 3 or 4 Star Mariner, don't use the Beverage Cards in the Explorations Cafe as you get a discount on everything there that is non-alcoholic.

Archived