Chaos in the Iconnections Internet location on Silhoutte

KathyPet

Just returned from my first Celebrity cruise and was very surprised at the absolute chaos and total lack of organization in the Internet cafe on the first two days of the cruise. There were two technical assistant staff members in there but their had to been 12-15 guests in there both times that I went in who were trying to get their IPADS connected to the ships internet server or just get a account set up on the terminals who were having problems. There was no organized way to the order in which they helped people who needed it. People were just interrupting the staff while they were helping others. The people with the loudest voices were being helped before people who had arrived earlier. I have never seen such a zoo. I have sailed other lines who use a sign in sheet method where you sign in when you arrive and then are helped in the order you signed. This was just chaos.

Just returned from my first Celebrity cruise and was very surprised at the absolute chaos and total lack of organization in the Internet cafe on the first two days of the cruise. There were two technical assistant staff members in there but their had to been 12-15 guests in there both times that I went in who were trying to get their IPADS connected to the ships internet server or just get a account set up on the terminals who were having problems. There was no organized way to the order in which they helped people who needed it. People were just interrupting the staff while they were helping others. The people with the loudest voices were being helped before people who had arrived earlier. I have never seen such a zoo. I have sailed other lines who use a sign in sheet method where you sign in when you arrive and then are helped in the order you signed. This was just chaos.

When we were on that ship, they had tickets, with numbers, available as you entered the room. You were helped in order of ticket number. The lines were huge, but people got helped without chaos.

I have to agree there has to be a far better way to do this. Surely there could be a simple guide prepared for the internet savvy to use to get set up, with 6 or so machines aka one side of the room kept free just for set ups

I also found on my last X trip you had the internet unsavvy in getting advice on how to send an email holding up the internet savvy who just wanted a connection. It is not a pleasant experience to have to waste so much time on embarkation day in line setting accounts up and if like us you have to be able to check in regularly for business reasons, you cannot leave it until Day 3

I've never experienced too much of a wait to set my account up. I make it the first thing I do.

Fortunately Celebrity realizes that in the new age of devices, their customers don't want to be constrained to the Internet status quo of yesterday.

The Ilounge is a start, with classes and product support for macs.

Mr Bayley announced a new faster Internet was to be installed fleet wide by the end of spring.

We can only hope for a continued improvement in systems, connectivity and pricing!

Archived