Have any Carnival ships stopped at HMC post-Sandy?

The4Cruisers

We were supposed to be there on 11/1 but got cancelled. When I got my sign and sail itemization, I noticed that the port fees were returned to my account on 10/29 even though they didn't officially cancel the stop until 10/30. Hmmmm...I wish we would have known sooner that it was going to be cancelled. We did get a letter the first day telling us of the possibility of cancellation due to Sandy damage. But it confused me a bit because all reports said HMC suffered only some beach erosion.

Booked my B2B specifically to go to HMC on 10/31 but we missed it - we were told there was damage from Sandy.

So my first B2B went from 12 nights, 5 port stops (Nassau/Freeport; GT/HMC/Nassau) to just Nassau, GT and Nassau.

Oh well!

Personally, I'm hoping the hideous pirate bar was destroyed and won't be rebuilt!

It's a hideous monstrosity that doesn't belong on that beautiful beach. :mad:

Trying to get confirmation that HAL did actually call there on 10/30. We were told 10/29 that we couldn't stop on 10/31.

Going to be rather annoyed if HAL stopped there and we didn't!

Just hung up with my PVP who said that there are no posted cancellations for HMC this week. :)

She also advised that if the stop was cancelled that CCL would send an alert to the passengers via phone and e-mail as well as revising the Booking on the website.

Archived