Princess 6 day cruisetour versus DIY Lima, Macchu Pichu & cozco

petlady7

Hi guys

Has anybody done the 6 day landtour with Princess ?, if so how did you find it in regards to time , acclimatizing to the altitude , time in hotels to relax etc ?

On the other hand has anybody done anything similar planning it all themselves ?

We would be leaving the ship in Santiago , flying to Lima for 1 night , flying to Cuzco/sacred valley/MP for 4 nights then another night in Lima

Any help would be much appreciated , thank you:confused:

I think you can pretty easily do it yourself. We did it ourselves (though we piggybacked off the hard work of a fellow cruiser on our ship) during our cruise in March. I don't know how much Princess is charging but we did it for almost half what HAL was charging during our stop in Lima. We arranged our own flights, hotels, train tickets, MP entrance tickets and we had a guide and driver that took great care of us from the time we got off the plane in Cuzco until we arrived back in Cuzco for our final overnight stay. I highly recommend that you have a knowledgeable guide to visit the many sites as well as MP. I am happy to share his name and other info if you want. You can reach me at klbarr@shaw dot ca.

Archived