Think the RCI transfer shuttles will make a pit stop?

Beezle82

I didn't know if it was a large bus with 100 people or a van with 10 people.

I've never done this before. I have absolutely no clue what to expect.

I was just trying to ask a lighthearted question. Yes all of the replies were honest but some were also rude.

I have never sailed RCI out of Canaveral--but we have sailed Disney from there many times. With Disney we end up CHEAPER as a family of four to book our own private transfers--and the company we prefer (Tiffany Town car) will add in a free stop at the store for you.

You might consider cancelling your RCI transfers and going that route.

I didn't know if it was a large bus with 100 people or a van with 10 people.

I've never done this before. I have absolutely no clue what to expect.

I was just trying to ask a lighthearted question. Yes all of the replies were honest but some were also rude.

Don't take things too seriously here.

Welcome to CC.

I actually did look into the costs of taking a cab and/or using a different transportation company, but it really came out to be about the same (some were more expensive) as taking the RCI transfer.

I can definitely see how it would be cheaper for a family if you're paying per trip instead of per person, but there are just two of us. Next time though I'll probably do a private company just for the sake of having a little bit more freedom.

Wow.

I guess I'm done asking questions around here. Every time I do, I get 2 or 3 answers that are either completely smart@ss or make me feel like a total moron.

But thanks to everyone else! :o

Hey Beezle don't stop asking questions just realize that a lot of people believe that they are right always, funny always or better than you always and respond from that mindset. If you ignore those responses you will usually find someone who understands that you just wanted some info and respond in kind:o. There are posters on here who truly do nothing but rip folks apart for anything and everything- just use your tools and make them not show up in any thread you look at. It's awesome!:D Enjoy your cruise and ask the driver anyway, if he says no oh well not the end of the world right?

There is a Publix supermarket about 5 miles from PC (Clear Lake exit off of the 528) that has a good selection of wines, so if you get to the port early enough, you can hop a cab and be there and back in 30-45 minutes. Unfortunately, the closest Total Wine store is on the other side of OIA up by the Executive Airport:(

If the driver would make such a pit stop for you, make sure you give him an enormous tip for this, because if you had someone like me with you on the bus it will be the last tour for the driver.:eek: I would make sure my complaints would be heard with RCI and the bus company.

I think they might. After all you are on vacation and everyone is in a good mood so why not. They might be able to find a location where a Walmart or Walgreens/CVS might be located and many people could get off and shop for last minute items. Bottled water, floppy hats and blow up floats and rafts for the pool could be purchased. After thinking about it I am sure they will stop; a little extra tip might be helpful too. You could get a couple of boxes of Little Debbie snack cakes for your room steward and waiter as an extra thank you gift that they would appreciate and maybe a calling card as well. Those shuttles are not on a real tight schedule anyway they have plenty of time to make those fun stops for things you might have forgotten or need. I say they will indeed stop and will be happy to do it. Just ask with a smile, please and thank you and a $20.00 dollar bill. Good luck with that. I almost forgot to add that those people who have just gotten off the ship and waiting on the shuttle to take them back to Orlando for their flights would not mind if you are a little late heck you are on vacation right. Have a good time and enjoy the Freedom!

A question I probably should have first asked is how many people the buses hold. Had I known it was a large bus (I wasn't sure if it was a bus or just a little van or a shuttle), I would never expect the driver of a big bus to make a stop just for one person.

Cancel the transfers, rent a car one way (likely for les than the combined cost of 2-3 transfers) and stop to shop where you want -- the trip from MCO to PC without a stop is only 45-60 min.

When planning your next cruise be a smart cruiser and arrive at least one day early = prevent flight delays, cancellations and weather from causing you to to miss the ship. :eek:

Good luck! :)

I actually did look into the costs of taking a cab and/or using a different transportation company, but it really came out to be about the same (some were more expensive) as taking the RCI transfer.

I can definitely see how it would be cheaper for a family if you're paying per trip instead of per person, but there are just two of us. Next time though I'll probably do a private company just for the sake of having a little bit more freedom.

I rented a car from Budget for under $30 last year. My friends and I went to the CVS near our hotel by the airport for supplies, I went to the post office for stamps for my Christmas cards, and then we drove to the rental office near the pier. They offered a free shuttle from there to the ship. I think that I got a ridiculously low price, but I would do it every time even for double the money. It's a very easy drive.

I just checked on on the Budget website, and it would cost you $45 to rent a compact car at MCO with a return to the Cape Canaveral location.

Jean - I did check out car rentals as well. It was about 25 dollars cheaper to go that route but I figured it might be worth it to just take the bus and not have to worry about driving or directions. I'm hoping to be able to take a little power nap on the bus, too! :o

Jean - I did check out car rentals as well. It was about 25 dollars cheaper to go that route but I figured it might be worth it to just take the bus and not have to worry about driving or directions. I'm hoping to be able to take a little power nap on the bus, too! :o

But then you'll have to do without your stuff. Life is full of tradeoffs, isn't it? And I promise, it's a super easy drive with only a couple of turns.:D

If their busses are anything like our local bus system they are GPS monitored. If they deviate from their route at all they immediately receive a call from their boss wanting to know the reason. If they have to deviate around a crash scene or other detours they have to phone it in and advise them of the situation. They are very closley watched.

If their busses are anything like our local bus system they are GPS monitored. If they deviate from their route at all they immediately receive a call from their boss wanting to know the reason.

"I needed to pick up some booze."

Archived