Think the RCI transfer shuttles will make a pit stop?

Beezle82

We're flying into Orlando and taking the RCI transfer/shuttle/bus (whatever it is) to Port Canaveral. Anyone ever inquired about the driver making a pit stop on the way there? I'm hoping to be able to pick up a couple bottles of wine before we board the ship. :D

I suppose it probably all depends on the driver, willingness of the other passengers and time-constraints, eh?

We're flying into Orlando and taking the RCI transfer/shuttle/bus (whatever it is) to Port Canaveral. Anyone ever inquired about the driver making a pit stop on the way there? I'm hoping to be able to pick up a couple bottles of wine before we board the ship. :D

I suppose it probably all depends on the driver, willingness of the other passengers and time-constraints, eh?

Simple answer "NO"

I don't think they are allowed to stop anywhere from point A to point B unless it's an emergency or mechanical issue with the bus.

Why not pick something up at the airport prior to boarding the bus. I'm sure that MCO has duty free shopping. You should have plenty of time as the bus will be waiting for many passengers to arrive before it leaves the airport. We are talking a rather large bus.

Cancel the transfers, rent a car one way (likely for les than the combined cost of 2-3 transfers) and stop to shop where you want -- the trip from MCO to PC without a stop is only 45-60 min.

When planning your next cruise be a smart cruiser and arrive at least one day early = prevent flight delays, cancellations and weather from causing you to to miss the ship. :eek:

Good luck! :)

I see the smiley face, so I don't know if this is a joke or not. The sentence after the smiley face makes me think you are not joking. If you are not joking, then ...

You are going to be on a bus full of people who want to get to the ship. You are not in a taxi or a private limo. The driver is not going to make a detour just because someone what to buy some drinks.

If it is that important to you, then either buy the drinks ahead of time and put them in your checked baggage, or buy the drinks at the airport, or hire a taxi or limo and ask the driver to make a stop for you.

It depends on the driver's willingness to lose his job over this request. Usually the shuttle is a large bus that is not allowed to change its route. This is not a tour.

I don't think they are allowed to stop anywhere from point A to point B unless it's an emergency or mechanical issue with the bus.

Why not pick something up at the airport prior to boarding the bus. I'm sure that MCO has duty free shopping. You should have plenty of time as the bus will be waiting for many passengers to arrive before it leaves the airport. We are talking a rather large bus.

Didn't think you could hit the duty free unless you were flying out on an international flight?

Even if you can find away to buy wine before hand, they will confiscate it from you when you are boarding the ship. You are not allowed to bring alcohol onto the ship or off of it.

Ah grasshopper, new policy is two bottles of wine per cabin allowed...

Even if you can find away to buy wine before hand, they will confiscate it from you when you are boarding the ship. You are not allowed to bring alcohol onto the ship or off of it.

there is a thread here that says RCI now allows certain amount of wine to be brought on board :)

Wow.

I guess I'm done asking questions around here. Every time I do, I get 2 or 3 answers that are either completely smart@ss or make me feel like a total moron.

But thanks to everyone else! :o

What did you honestly expect when you asked a question about having a large bus stop so that you could get off and purchase 2 bottles of wine?? The replies that you got were very honest and none of them were snarky. You even got some suggestions.

Wow.

I guess I'm done asking questions around here. Every time I do, I get 2 or 3 answers that are either completely smart@ss

Two or three?:rolleyes:

Wow.

make me feel like a total moron.

You said it, not me.;)

Archived