christmas shopping for cruisers

booboojoy

sun block,travel book about the area they are visiting, colorful luggage tags to help identify their luggage, mini travel power strip [easier to pack and easier to get by the ship security if they are checking for electricals - bought one at Bed Bath & Beyond in Foxboro last week], check Crate & Barrel for their 311 bags - bought a bunch of them for gifts and ourselves a fews years ago - heavy, clear one-qt plastic, with a zip top and mini airplane pull - comes with TSA approved tag. It's so much nicer than kitchen baggies - ours have made multiple trips and endure a lot of inspections. If you are shopping in Natick or Chestnut Hill area, check out the travel section of The Container Store - nice stuff.

Off to Logan Express and our flight to Amsterdam for an AMA cruise.

Darcy

*small flashlight

*highlighter to mark activities on the daily program that interest them

*travel alarm clock - most cabins do not have a clock

*print out maps from on line sites of port areas they are visiting

*favorite brand of sunscreen

*sun hats if you think she'd like one or sun vixor

*luggage tag sleeves into which they can slip the cruise line luggage tags

*travel size mouthwash, toothpaste, body lotion

*beach bag/pack pack

pen/pad of paper/stickie notes to leave note for steward or mark down something they want to remember

Do they have luggage? Maybe get some and put these goodies inside.

All of the above......

You can also go onto the Cruiselines website and "gift" them with onboard credits, my kids did this for me, enjoyed guilt free spa services and shopping :)

Also on the CL website, you can order champagne, wine, flowers, etc sent to their cabin to greet them on their arrival

I think a small gift certificate (that you may have to make yourself) showing that you have bought them some on board credit would be great.

Of course all the small travel size things they made need...toothpaste, mouth wash, individual handy wipes, etc. Put in all in a backpack that they can use when they are on their cruise.

Also maybe a travel journal so they can write about their experiences

All of the above.

I will also add in another idea, which is a gift certificate for either photo printing or an online scrapbook that they can assemble with pictures from their trip. I now put one together for every cruise, it's a great way to remember the trip and very easy to do.

Money for a specialty restaurant, cash for a shore excursion, a picture frame for a portrait with the cash for the picture as well would be my suggestion. I would appreciate any of these and they would add to my cruise and to my memories. All the little things add up as well but they become forgotten.

All of the above.

I will also add in another idea' date=' which is a gift certificate for either photo printing or an online scrapbook that they can assemble with pictures from their trip. I now put one together for every cruise, it's a great way to remember the trip and very easy to do.[/quote']

I love this idea. Great gift:)

I would say same as above and cash for excursions they can get pricy for the good ones 100+ usd

Other than that, I would say you can pack them a bag like they're going to the beach .. Sunscreen ,aloe,travel books,snacks for the flight a lanyard for their room key !

Packing cubes -- keeps everything organized--both in and out of suitcases.

YES! My son and DIL gifted me some parking cubes,they don't seem like much but, they are amazing! Just take them out and place them in the drawers

they also included small travel sized bottles for liquids and a passport holder

hi, my son and dil are taking their 1st cruise in march. i would like to put a cruise bag together for them at xmas...i got some ideas but i would like to hear more.

thank you

We did this last year for daughter and 2 boys. Got their booking info and booked a snorkeling excursion. Printed the details out, bought underwater cameras, water wallets, and swim suits foot the boys.

So many good ideas, I hope OP came back to read the responses.

hi, sorry. yes I have been reading everyone and thank you so much for such good ideas. I love them and i am writing them all down. they are on their 1st cruise and it is a disney cruise. I can get their info from her mom and dad as they are going too. thanks everyone and sorry i wasn't posting back..that was rude of me. thanks again

Archived