port arrival time

CarnivalGirl3

We're driving to port, with a 14 month old. I have NO idea how long it will take us to get to the port as I've never driven longer than 45 minutes with her.

I'm planning on leaving 4-5am, so she'll sleep a few hours. After that, I really don't know. I know we'll take to stop to let her run around, eat/nurse, change diaper...

It sounds like we get there early, we'd have to wait. What if we get there later? Would it be best to select an earlier time?

We're driving to port, with a 14 month old. I have NO idea how long it will take us to get to the port as I've never driven longer than 45 minutes with her.

I'm planning on leaving 4-5am, so she'll sleep a few hours. After that, I really don't know. I know we'll take to stop to let her run around, eat/nurse, change diaper...

It sounds like we get there early, we'd have to wait. What if we get there later? Would it be best to select an earlier time?

I'm not sure how the process goes in Galveston (that's where you sailing from, right?).

At PC, if you arrive earlier than your PAT, and the terminal is busy, you will probably have to wait. As noted, this system was implemented for the larger ships, since the terminal there was built for the smaller ones.

I do know that in Seattle and San Pedro (smaller ships) the PAT isn't quite as riogorously enforced. If you select an early time and arrive later, it won't make any difference, you will just go in when you get there.

:)

Thanks. Galveston yep.

Normally, we're in the city of the port the day or so before. Last cruise we flew in the day of the cruise. Our flights were delayed, we barely made the ship, our stuff didn't (well, we think it did, but we didn't get till the next day.)

I'll pick a realistic early time and hope for the best. The system makes sense, better than having everyone arrive at 11am!

You don't say how far you have to drive, so I'll give you general experience. When travelling with my DD when she was nursing, it would be an extra 30 minutes at each stop. We would stop every 2-3 hours, so you can figure that with how far of a drive you'll have to make. I would agree with Shmoo and say book the earlier time and then get there when you can. I would leave plenty early though to ensure any delays don't cause you to miss the ship.

Thanks, that's likely a good estimate. Actual drive time is 5 hours. She's an active one, likes to run around and get bored in the car seat after awhile. If I leave at 5am, she should sleep the first 3 hours, then we can stop, change, nurse, eat, and run around for a bit.

It's normally a 5 hour drive time, so leave at 5am, there by 11am.

I put some aps on my nook color for her. Shapes, animals, read to me books... I figure that'll be better than her screaming?

(I just wish we could be in port the day before.)

Archived