*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

7688 and Adrian was indeed a Royal experience. Been on CCL for the past few due to Galveston offers. But noticed the RCCL differences all week long. Excited to see Nav after the refurb.

Would like to see some itinerary variance though.

So wish I were going!! Watching now.

You guys don't have too much fun without me today, O.K.:(

It's really killing me not to be going!

Becci - you and Todd really need to look at Dec. 8. Prices are fabulous. PR are going for $299pp

Pete - we will see you next Sunday:)

$299 PR for today as well but likely too late unless you live within a few miles of the port :(

Fares were dropped last Wednesday so maybe that's the day to watch going forward.

For Dec 8, PR $299, all OV $399, all balconies $549, then there's Plat/Diamond etc discounts, right :)

Edited by pspercy

I just read a Facebook post from a passenger on the Magic that they are arriving back in Galveston this evening. They have two sick passengers on board, and they hope to disembark them by 10-11:00. Regular disembarkation will be as scheduled tomorrow.

Sure enough, on the Magic camera you can see the faint lights of Galveston in the distance.:(

I hope the passengers are OK!

I just read a Facebook post from a passenger on the Magic that they are arriving back in Galveston this evening. They have two sick passengers on board, and they hope to disembark them by 10-11:00. Regular disembarkation will be as scheduled tomorrow.

Sure enough, on the Magic camera you can see the faint lights of Galveston in the distance.:(

I hope the passengers are OK!

I'm surprised they didn't send a helicopter out... We've been on Carnival when they airlift passengers. They must have been really moving to get in 8 hours early.

Sitting on NOS ready for our 2nd week. Last week set a record for medical emergencies, at least 6 and had to get a passenger to GC for surgery. Capt booked it from Jamaica, arrived in GC at 3 am. Navigator still has some work to do before ship is Texanized.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Sitting on NOS ready for our 2nd week. Last week set a record for medical emergencies, at least 6 and had to get a passenger to GC for surgery. Capt booked it from Jamaica, arrived in GC at 3 am. Navigator still has some work to do before ship is Texanized.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Yep, they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for ice in my tea at the cafe. :eek:

We had a ball! :)

Just off the Navigator after 2 weeks. The cruise had its good points and bad points, but every day on a cruise ship is a great day!! Looking forward to cruising on the NOS after it's dry dock - many changes will be made. Adding a large screen TV on pool deck and a flow rider, all Flat screens in cabins, adding over 120 new cabins onto front of deck 12, adding cabins in the Diamond, D+ & P breakfast venue and in lower part of the Dungeon. Upper part of Dungeon will become an "Upscale Mexican Restaurant". Also a Diamond Lounge will be added along with wifi through out the ship.

Went to the Captain's Corner, Capt. Claus said RCCL is in negotiations with Galveston right now trying to get changes made to the channel and port area so that RCCL can bring in the Freedom Of the Seas in 2015. The terminal is to be doubled in size with work starting in 04/14.

Overall, we found the staff to be friendly, but not up to the friendly standard we had come to expect on the Mariner. There are a few old Mariner Staff on board and they all said the staff does not seem happy and basically the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Hopefully, after dry dock, they will all come back with a great attitude. We did see improvements from the 1st week to the 2nd week. Think we just really need to get the Navigator Texanized!! Actually, talked to a staff member on board from Texas and she said she had been telling the staff the same thing - we need to Texanize this ship!

Yep, they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for ice in my tea at the cafe. :eek:

We had a ball! :)

We were on a trans-Atlantic on the Voyager in the fall of 2007 that came into Galveston. After a couple of days of not being able to get ice tea anywhere before lunch in the WJ or after the WJ closed for the evening, I sent a note to the F&B manager. Told him he had a ship full of Texans who liked ice tea 24/7. A couple of days later, a large container of ice tea was in the Cafe. Only problem was that they just put ice in the container with the tea rather than have ice separately so it gets diluted. I take a couple of tea bags and put them in an empty water bottle with water and keep a supply in the cabin.

I had to send a note to the F&B manager on the TA back to Europe in the spring of 2008. Last couple of TA's, they had the ice tea sitting on a table on the Promenade.

Tucker in Texas

The first week of our B2b there was no water or ice tea in the Promenade Café, but the 2nd week they did have both, but the large containers were kept behind the counter and you would have to ask for it, could not get it yourself. Later in the week they placed glasses of tea and water on a tray on top of the food cases, but no ice. Had to get ice from the bartender.

We had a good time on the Navigator, but did run into several very rude crew members. For instance, the D+ people were told by the concierge that they were entitled to priority tendering, just show your card to the crew member. Well, we had a friend that did this and the attendant, in a very loud voice, said, "that card means nothing, go to the end of the line"! They were humiliated!! Had our Muster attendant yell at the entire group because we didn't have a perfectly straight line - "get in a straight line and I'm not going to tell you again". Our biggest concern was in talking with several of the crew on board that had been on the Mariner that commented, the Navigator doesn't seem like a "Happy Ship" and that the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing.

We found the majority of problems were with Guest Service and the Loyalty Program. Our friends were told by GS that they were doing a b2b, they weren't, this took a day to straighten out, and others doing the b2b that were not on the list, then finally getting their new cards only to find they didn't work, etc. People having their credit cards denied, people being told they had set up a cash account, they had not., etc. There was a special luncheon for the b2ber's, however, wine was not included.

Diamond C&A members were only allowed into one lounge while the D+ and P were allowed to attend any of 4 lounges - basically, Diamond members were separated from the others. There were 2 concierges on board and neither was available to Diamond members. The appetizers and drinks were different for Diamond members. The first week, Diamonds were only allowed into the Ixtapa Lounge (large lounge, deck 5 forward) but the second week we received a letter that the nightly Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle Event would be held in the Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts (these were the lounges reserved for D+ and P the first week). We thought great, they finally decided not to separate the Diamonds. Well, upon showing our cards at the lounge on Sun. we were told we could not enter, that the lounges were reserved for D+ and P. only - we were only allowed to go to the Viking Crown Lounge (at least it is a great lounge with windows). I mentioned to the "guard" that our letter said we were to go to the Cloud Nine & Seven Hearts Lounges - her comment - "well then, you need to go down to the Loyalty A and have her retype the correct letter for you". Upon checking with other Diamonds members, we all had the same letter. I must say, this was the 1st time since we have made Diamond that we were not treated equally (will be D+ after our Jan cruise). The D people were not happy with the treatment they received and several mentioned, it was time to check out other cruise lines - 1 couple even canceled 2 future cruises on the Navigator.

However, I have great hope that once the Navigator goes through it's extensive dry dock that the attitudes of the crew will change and it will become a "Happy Ship" like us Texans have grown a custom to with the Mariner.

The first week of our B2b there was no water or ice tea in the Promenade Café, but the 2nd week they did have both, but the large containers were kept behind the counter and you would have to ask for it, could not get it yourself. Later in the week they placed glasses of tea and water on a tray on top of the food cases, but no ice. Had to get ice from the bartender.

We had a good time on the Navigator, but did run into several very rude crew members. For instance, the D+ people were told by the concierge that they were entitled to priority tendering, just show your card to the crew member. Well, we had a friend that did this and the attendant, in a very loud voice, said, "that card means nothing, go to the end of the line"! They were humiliated!! Had our Muster attendant yell at the entire group because we didn't have a perfectly straight line - "get in a straight line and I'm not going to tell you again". Our biggest concern was in talking with several of the crew on board that had been on the Mariner that commented, the Navigator doesn't seem like a "Happy Ship" and that the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing.

We found the majority of problems were with Guest Service and the Loyalty Program. Our friends were told by GS that they were doing a b2b, they weren't, this took a day to straighten out, and others doing the b2b that were not on the list, then finally getting their new cards only to find they didn't work, etc. People having their credit cards denied, people being told they had set up a cash account, they had not., etc. There was a special luncheon for the b2ber's, however, wine was not included. We did have great waiters, assistant waiters and cabin steward, they all were very friendly and attentive. Some familiar faces on board: Jana and Don (Shopping); Phil Anderson (Piano Bar); Gohnny (sp) , Head Waiter & Wife and Michael Jackson (waiter).

Diamond C&A members were only allowed into one lounge while the D+ and P were allowed to attend any of 4 lounges - basically, Diamond members were separated from the others. There were 2 concierges on board and neither was available to Diamond members. The appetizers and drinks were different for Diamond members. The first week, Diamonds were only allowed into the Ixtapa Lounge (large lounge, deck 5 forward) but the second week we received a letter that the nightly Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle Event would be held in the Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts (these were the lounges reserved for D+ and P the first week). We thought great, they finally decided not to separate the Diamonds. Well, upon showing our cards at the lounge on Sun. we were told we could not enter, that the lounges were reserved for D+ and P. only - we were only allowed to go to the Viking Crown Lounge (at least it is a great lounge with windows). I mentioned to the "guard" that our letter said we were to go to the Cloud Nine & Seven Hearts Lounges - her comment - "well then, you need to go down to the Loyalty A and have her retype the correct letter for you". Upon checking with other Diamonds members, we all had the same letter. I must say, this was the 1st time since we have made Diamond that we were not treated equally (will be D+ after our Jan cruise). The D people were not happy with the treatment they received and several mentioned, it was time to check out other cruise lines - 1 couple even canceled 2 future cruises on the Navigator.

However, I have great hope that once the Navigator goes through it's extensive dry dock that the attitudes of the crew will change and it will become a "Happy Ship" like us Texans have grown a custom to with the Mariner.

Navigator currently does NOT have a Diamond Club (lounge). If D's were treated "differently" it's because there was a nightly Diamond Event. This will be changed after the dry dock. I was on the Navigator TA from Barcelona in November. There were many Diamond and above cruisers. The nightly Diamond Event was held in the Ixtapa lounge. We had the typical Diamond offerings of wine, champagne or fountain soft drinks. Each night there were a couple of appetizers offered, even though they didn't have to offer them. Other beverages, (cocktails and beer) could be ordered at a 25% discount. Because the CL and overflow lounges were very crowded many D+ and PC members used the Ixtapa, including myself. We did not get the cocktails and beer offered in the CL at N/C. Did I feel that I was being slighted, no. The cruise didn't have the special feeling that is usually on the ship, but it was still a good cruise. There are many great changes coming for Navigator. I will be very excited to cruise on Navigator in June to experience them.