Which Tiki Beach Getaway-All Inclusive or regular?

Knighton

There are 2 versions of the tiki beach getaway on Carnival's shore excursions. One is all inclusive($75) and one is not($42). Does the one that is not all inclusive still include the lounge chair? And for those that have done the all inclusive, is the food and beer worth the extra $30 per person? (Is it all you can eat/drink?) I know it's just chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs, but I figured ordering off the menu might cost just as much.

You can do a beach day without an excursion quite easily. The beaches are free and public. There are chair rentals, umbrellas, and watersports avail. Also, restrooms and food/drink. You will pay about the same for a burger and beer at a beachside eatery. The bus is $2.50 pp.

The prices will probably be similar...DIY vs. excursion, but with the DIY option, you are on your own timetable!

GC is one of the easiest places to do things on your own!

Ok...sorry...don't know where Tiki beach is.....I was thinking of 7-mile beach....but ALL of the beaches are public...even in front of the hotel areas! Hold on.... Just "googled" it...Tiki Beach is part of 7-Mile beach.

We just catch the bus and go to 7-mile....all the facilities you need and want! No scheduling anything! The buses are just across from the tender dock....hop on one! They will let you off at any of the access points, and buses will be there to bring you back to the dock. GC is very easy to do on your own. I usually read in the sun while hubby rents a waverunner and plays!

If you want to use a hotel's facilities, then you'll need to book something, but it's really not needed, if a beach day is what you're looking for!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bumping this up because i have the same question. is all inclusive worth it vs reg.:confused:

I'm trying to figure something similar out myself. I would say thought that if the choice was as stated between AI and Not for this same place, I would do the All Inclusive based on the cost of food and drinks on Grand Cayman.

I just wish there were other all inclusive day pass alternatives.

Thanks so much bookbabe:)

The one thing I will add is that Tiki Beach may be more crowded since it's a regular cruise ship excursion.

There's also Surfside Beach, which is new, and thus less well known. My personal order of preference is Royal Palms, and then Surfside Beach. I don't usually bother with either Tiki Beach (due to cruise ship crowds) or Calico Jacks/Public Beach (more kids in the daytime due to playground at Public Beach).

Thanks, Is Surfside behind the Courtyard Marriott? What are the fees at Surfside for beach access and chairs umbrella's.

No fees for beach access. Map to Surfside is on the website link below. If beach clubs don't have prices for rentals on their websites, there will at least be an email address or number to call to find out...

Royal Palms - http://royalpalmscayman.com/

Calico Jacks/Public Beach - https://www.facebook.com/CalicoJacksGrandCayman

Surfside Beach - http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_detail.asp?restaurantID=261

Tiki Beach - http://www.tikibeachcayman.net/

Archived