Is Eurodam showing her age?

kl630

Considering a cruise on Eurodam in the near future. Sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam last year. I wondered if anyone who has sailed the Eurodam could speak to the condition of the ship? We prefer newer ships, and since she launched in 2008, we were looking for some feedback. Thanks!

Considering a cruise on Eurodam in the near future. Sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam last year. I wondered if anyone who has sailed the Eurodam could speak to the condition of the ship? We prefer newer ships, and since she launched in 2008, we were looking for some feedback. Thanks!

Four years old is not an old ship and she's still in pretty darn good condition. I give HAL high marks for maintaining its fleet and even the ships built in the early 90's aren't wrecks.

Not really sure if people on this thread are serious about complaining about relatively new ships. Are you that spoiled that you want to sail on a new ship for every cruise? If that were the case you would have to pay $4000 for an Interior SR for a 7 day cruise.

Just got off Eurodam this morning. There are a few areas that could use some refurbishing, but they are constantly maintaining the ship. We watched them paint the anchor while in port in St. Thomas. The Lido pool was def. a bit rusty as someone had brought out. But as far as the ship is concerned, It looked pretty good. I Think they could have been better with the cleaning onboard, but the ship itself was holding pretty good.

She is definitely showing her age of four in the same way Nieuw Amsterdam is showing her age of two

Absolutely.

Some ships are timeless as well. Look how many people preferred Rotterdam V over VI, or the QM to QM2.

It seems like yesterday we sailed Eurodam's inaugural.

She has hardly begun her career.

I really understand the question of this post.

I will travel in the Eurodam in the next month and I had many doubts about the age of the ship.

But after some good photos I made my reservation :) I hope for a good cruise aboard Eurodam!

These are ships. Not even cars are questionable after only four years. Why would you question a four-year old ship, where maintenance is 24/7? As TaxGuy pointed out, 20 years is not unreasonable.

Also in my research I found a refurbishment in 2011. Not many information about that.

Here's some information for ya: Between 02 and 10 Aprl 2011, Eurodam went into her first drydock since her christening (on 01 July 2008 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands) at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport, the Bahamas for standard maintenance.

Just curious; what causes you to wonder about the age of the ship? Eurodam is exactly four years and four months and ten days old

Hi Copper10-8,

My question is not (only) about the maintenance of the ship. Is all about the style of the ship.

Since 2008 many new ships arrived in the market, like Celebrity Solstice Class or NCL Epic, ships that introduced a new concept of style.

But I know that most people like tradicional ships and I respect that ;)

We just got off of the Eurodam on Saturday and loved every minute of it. As noted above, the only real ship related problem was the elevators. Some would work for a day and stop. Everything else was perfect. The wood looked exceptional, the rooms were great. Our cabana was the best decision we made. We ran out of time on Saturday so we couldn't fill out our Surveys. I'd like to contact Holland America personally to note the exceptional service we had. This was our first experience traveling with our 8 month old daughter and it could not have gone any smoother. By far, the BEST cruise experience we have ever had.

We just got off of the Eurodam on Saturday and loved every minute of it. As noted above, the only real ship related problem was the elevators. Some would work for a day and stop. Everything else was perfect. The wood looked exceptional, the rooms were great. Our cabana was the best decision we made. We ran out of time on Saturday so we couldn't fill out our Surveys. I'd like to contact Holland America personally to note the exceptional service we had. This was our first experience traveling with our 8 month old daughter and it could not have gone any smoother. By far, the BEST cruise experience we have ever had.

Which cabana you recomend? Near Lido bar or just the opposite?

You pre-reserved for the entire cruise?

It's possible to share one cabana with some friends in the chairs in front of?

Thanks,

Seven Seas

Archived