Coffee Makers on Dawn

elektrawmn

We're in a regular balcony on the Dawn next week. I've seen some info on the coffee makers in the rooms but nothing recent.

Are they still the 4cup type Mr Coffee style? We'll bring our own coffee but didn't know if we need filters, or if we need pods or filter packs, etc.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Is the room coffee any good or is better to go to the buffet area and get it there?

It's just the usual hotel room type coffee packets. Ok...but not great. Last cruise I took some of my more favorite coffee with me along with a small quanity of 4 cup type coffee filters and used that.

It's just the usual hotel room type coffee packets. Ok...but not great. Last cruise I took some of my more favorite coffee with me along with a small quanity of 4 cup type coffee filters and used that.

Great to know we can bring our own.... We'll keep it a secret, or the next thing we know, the cruiselines will start charging a grinding fee for bringing your own onboard... :p

Great to know we can bring our own.... We'll keep it a secret, or the next thing we know, the cruiselines will start charging a grinding fee for bringing your own onboard... :p

And another option, if you know what time you wish to wake up, room service. I've done that occasionally when we have to get up at an earlier time for a tour. Order 2 or 3 pots of coffee, some danish, OJ, etc. The coffee provided by room service isn't bad at all. Of course, giving the room service person a couple of bucks tip is a nice thing to do.

Is the room coffee any good or is better to go to the buffet area and get it there?

Since coffee is such a personal taste that is a difficult question to answer. Some say room service is the best, some Cagneys, some the buffet or even one in the buffet has been stated to be better than the other.

I personally bring my own because DH and I never found a coffee from anywhere on board we liked. But I will admit I am super picky about my coffee.

Just got back from the Dawn, and after 16 days aboard, I've tried coffee in several places aboard. The coffee served in the Garden Buffet comes from those big WMF Cafemat machines, and they dispense a pretty decent cup made from ground coffee, not syrup like on some other lines.

Breakfast time in Cagney's, they serve coffee in a Bodum French Press, and that coffee is pretty good, too. In the suites they have those LaVazza Blue Capsule espresso machines....they make a great cup.

The only bad cup I had was late one night in the Blue Lagoon, where the pot of decaf they poured from tasted stale or burnt....probably made too long before....

I'm certainly not a gourmet on coffee, but IMHO NCL coffee overall is pretty good....I would not bother bringing coffee from home.

They will offer this service on request for inside and oceanview.

Not sure what you are talking about here as we have had coffee makers in every cabin we have been in on various ships including insides and oceanviews and did not request them.

Archived