Decorating for your Holiday Cruise/s Stateroom

Trekker954

I am disappointed to hear of folks having door decorations stolen. It speaks so poorly of RCCL passenger base. We had a simple flat cardboard sombrero stolen off our door on the Allure. I amazes me that someone needs to steal a door decoration. What next?

M

stolen may be a bit too harsh. 'trashed by out of control kids or drunk adults' is far more likely

as in the items probably aren't being stolen to be used elsewhere or sold on the black market but rather being destroyed or grabbed as a prank.

of course that says something just as similar about the customer demographic....

We sailed over Christmas a few years ago and since we were driving to the port, I took a small Christmas tree, stocking to hang on the mirrors, and we took a few gifts to open on Christmas day. It all fit in our carry on bags. We also had a few lights for the room - no one said anything and when we came into the room each night it was very festive and made it seem like Christmas. I even took a small platter for 'desserts' that we had in the room on Christmas Eve - seems silly to some but it made it special for us and we didn't miss being home for the holiday.

stolen may be a bit too harsh. 'trashed by out of control kids or drunk adults' is far more likely

as in the items probably aren't being stolen to be used elsewhere or sold on the black market but rather being destroyed or grabbed as a prank.

of course that says something just as similar about the customer demographic....

How is stolen too harsh - The item is mine, and someone took it without permission. Stolen seems to work here!

Taking or destroying someone’s else’s property is low class, regardless of the age or sobriety of the individual making the inappropriate negative action.

M

We decorated our outside door for Halloween and my daughter's birthday. We also decorated our window which looked over Central Park. I used clear packing tape and made sure it all was off. No issues at all. The kids loved being able to pick our window out when we were in the park and it made finding out door easy...too easy in that the last night when we had taken them down we all walked right past our room :-)

• 2 weeks later...
We used garland and battery powered lights on our balcony with no problems. No one took any decorations off our door, but we also put the "gel" type decorations on the door and they stained the door somewhat. We used alcohol wipes and nail polish remover to get rid of the stains. I would not recommend using them.

Thanks Carol. I'll have to re-think my door decorations.

We have little kids so they get a kick out of making door magnets using foam shapes and the magnet strip that has a sticky side. We usually travel in Dec. so we do a Christmas theme. They love making the magnets and then getting to decorate the door. We make a ton of them and since they are so cheap and easy to make, we are not upset if some end up "walking" away. And some did "walk" away.

Archived