must-do list for Navigator?

Well, there's rock-climbing.....I don't know of any "must-dos"...it's really all about what YOU enjoy doing! I'm not into rock climbing, so that has never been something I want to do....

The ice show is pretty good.....kind of a neat thing to see on a ship!!

• The ice shows (and ice skating if you like that) are a must. I enjoyed the ice shows more than the theatre shows.
  • Strolling the Royal Promonade and watching the various entertainment and parades in the evenings. Such a wonderful area of the ship.
  • Rock climbing wall. Have not done it yet - a little chicken - but may try it next time. People I've met who have done it said it was awesome.

BTW We are doing the same cruise on Feb 2, 2013. Hopefully you will come back and give us a review. Enjoy!

Go out onto the helipad at the front of the ship! (Take the deck 4 outdoor promenade all the way forward until you come to a metal staircase. Go up the stairs and you'll be on the helipad. Sometimes access is restricted due to high winds or weather conditions....if there is a chain across the stairs, just come back at another time)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions...the ice shows are definitely on my list, especially since I haven't heard of these on Carnival

I wish I was in the physical shape to do rock-climbing...maybe on my next RCI cruise if I can make some needed physical health improvements

I will try to remember about the peek-a-boo bridge and helipad

I have done brief reviews when returning from past cruises but never a full-blown day-by-day review...maybe I'll try that when I return from this cruise :)

any more ideas? keep them coming...vital1 is a fellow roll call member for our cruise :cool:

For sure do not miss the ice show. As well they have a adult show called Quest that is so darn funny.....we had tears running down our faces. It is held in the ice rink (no ice) and usually towards the end of the cruise.

Try the rock climbing wall. How often can you say you climbed a rock wall at sea?? I turned 50 in the spring and I gave it a try.....sure I did not get very far but I am proud to say I did it!!

Eat in the Cafe Promenade....the food is very good! We usually ended up having lunch there each day.

Visit the helli pad.......we went here when we sail out of Rome.

Pool games are always fun to watch.

The adults only solarium is a great place to sit and relax....or enjoy the hot tub!

The parade down the promenade is excellent and very lively!

Also, I believe that the Navigator has new dining menus, with new items.

I would love to hear from you on your return, as to how you compare the taste, tenderness, presentation and properly cooked the food is that you try.

Carnival used to have better food than Royal Caribbean, and now I'm hoping that has changed.

Thanks

Rick

I would love to hear from you on your return, as to how you compare the taste, tenderness, presentation and properly cooked the food is that you try.

Carnival used to have better food than Royal Caribbean, and now I'm hoping that has changed.

Thanks

Rick

We just sailed on Navigator in mid-October, and the food was... variable. Some of it was really delicious, and some of it was very disappointing. I don't know f they had the new menu yet, but if the Head Chef is the same, the results might not be all they could be.

Edited to add another vote to be sure to see the ice show. It was the bee's knees!

We did the Med. cruise in October, it's a great ship.

Things I loved to do:

- watch the Ice Show

- see The Quest Adult Game & Love and Marriage Game Show

- eating @ Johnny Rockets (great Burger and shakes)

- enjoy the Hot Tub in the solarium

Have a great cruise

One thing to add about the ice show is you need to get a ticket. They give them out the first day of the cruise. if you don't have a ticket, you'll have to wait until minutes before the show to see if seats are available. I'll be covering the ice show in my review tomorrow. :)

Also bring something white. There was a Navigator review about a month before my cruise that mentioned a deck party where everyone wears white one night. On day 4 of my cruise, the Cruise Compass listed white as the suggested attire for the night. This was also Halloween, so I suspect that's why we didn't have that party on my cruise.

Have fun! I loved the Navigator! :D

One thing to add about the ice show is you need to get a ticket. They give them out the first day of the cruise. if you don't have a ticket, you'll have to wait until minutes before the show to see if seats are available. I'll be covering the ice show in my review tomorrow. :)

Also bring something white. There was a Navigator review about a month before my cruise that mentioned a deck party where everyone wears white one night. On day 4 of my cruise, the Cruise Compass listed white as the suggested attire for the night. This was also Halloween, so I suspect that's why we didn't have that party on my cruise.

Have fun! I loved the Navigator! :D

They didn't do ice show tickets on our cruise. They had two shows on a sea day afternoon and two evening shows a day or two later. We went along about 15 minutes before the start of the show and got good seats. Maybe it's different in the Med vs the Caribbean? (ours was the Eastern Mediterranean itinerary)

They didn't do ice show tickets on our cruise. They had two shows on a sea day afternoon and two evening shows a day or two later. We went along about 15 minutes before the start of the show and got good seats. Maybe it's different in the Med vs the Caribbean? (ours was the Eastern Mediterranean itinerary)

I don't know if it's different for Mediterranean vs. Caribbean (my itinerary was also Med), but this is what I had to do 2 weeks ago. It was even listed in the Cruise Compass that tickets would only be distributed from 5:15-6:30 pm on embarkation day. They did check for tickets at the door. I've read reviews from other ships where tickets were required then too, so I guess it varies. The OP might want to keep an eye out on day 1, just in case.

IMG_3599copy.jpg

Rick

Unfortunately the Navigator is not scheduled to roll out the new menu until February 2, 2013 (this is the sailing I will be on:D). The reviews of RCI's new menu have been very good so I'm excited to try it.

Archived