Can you get off the ship once you board

m-of-connor

I know this has been asked but I could not find through the search feature.

I need to know if I can board and then get back off and get back on the first day.

Party of 7, 6 will be staying the night in the port city. My mother in law will be driving to the port that morning. She will arrive around 2. I will all ready be on the ship (hope for no fog in Galveston) with the rest of the family. Yes we could wait, but that will not happen. I and the rest of the party want to start our vacation as soon as they will let us on the ship.

So, can I leave the ship and help my MIL. She would drive up to the ship drop bags with porter, I would get in the car with her, we would park and walk back over to the terminal, get her checked in, through security and onto the ship.

If it can be done has anyone done this with out any problems?

Cant speak to you about Galveston, but last time we sailed out of San Juan you could board and debark as you wanted. We boarded around 1pm, and since the ship didnt leave until 10pm, we debarked and walked across the street to Senor Frogs for a couple of 'cheap' drinks. 'Cheap' being relative to the price of the ship of course.

So in short, In SJ it is a yes.

I would suggest you call and ask about this, rather than asking here - to get something more official. The reason for this is it will be different in every port, and there are few people who get off of the ship after they get on. As I recall, the exception IS in San Juan, because of the extremely late departure.

You CAN do this at any embarkation port. However, I would remind you that getting to the port at 2:00 PM is REALLY pushing it for your MIL.

Once you have checked in and gotten your S & S card, YOU need to be back onboard 30 minutes prior to sailing (probably earlier in this case, so that you can participate in muster drill), but passengers need to be checked onto the ship 2 hours prior to sailing, which is VERY close for your MIL.

I would suggest you call and ask about this' date=' rather than asking here - to get something more official. The reason for this is it will be different in every port, and there are few people who get off of the ship after they get on. As I recall, the exception IS in San Juan, because of the extremely late departure.[/quote']

you can call carnival with the same question and ask numerous people you will get varying answers-- those people sometimes do not have a clue.

I also agree that 2pm is cutting it awful close-- what happens if she hits traffic?

Why would Firefly be banned ???:confused::(

Somebody said yesterday she is on a week land vacation to Cabo???

"Cabo " is CC code for banned.. and it was Mr Pete that said it and that she was "gone to Cabo" for a month. The thread was "Question for Firefly" which has since been edited and closed by the CC Police..... She is also no longer listed as a member....

She has a TON of wonderful info but does not always come across very nice with her delivery and gets lots of complaints... my guess is it has something to do with that..

Archived