Buy Now, or Later??

MalynKiggs

Myself, my mom, and my little sister and her friend are wanting to book a Carnival cruise for my sister's spring break week- starting March 16 or 17. The two cruises we are looking at (Freedom or Glory) don't offer a Early Saver rate for that week, so I'm wondering if people who have cruised during spring break before have any experience with prices dropping between now and then, or if we should just go ahead and book the cruise now. For the Freedom and the Glory, it is about $500 per person for four people in an ocean view room. Just seems a little steep to me, but I know it's spring break. Thanks for any advice!

It's a spring break cruise and many of the inside cabin categories are already sold out. Since you're choosing an OV, you're going to be on either the Main deck or the Riviera deck. For the little extra money difference, the 7 day Glory @ 522 is better than the 6 day Freedom @ 515. Either way you have the flexibility to fly into Miami or Ft Lauderdale, depending upon where airfare is cheaper. I would pull the trigger now, because demand is only going to increase and with it prices.

As others have said, buy now, as the prices will only go up. There may be a few stray cabins available, closer to sailing, for a discount, but they are probably the cabins you wouldn't want and you DEFINITELY have a hard time finding a quad cabin.

Myself, my mom, and my little sister and her friend are wanting to book a Carnival cruise for my sister's spring break week- starting March 16 or 17. The two cruises we are looking at (Freedom or Glory) don't offer a Early Saver rate for that week, so I'm wondering if people who have cruised during spring break before have any experience with prices dropping between now and then, or if we should just go ahead and book the cruise now. For the Freedom and the Glory, it is about $500 per person for four people in an ocean view room. Just seems a little steep to me, but I know it's spring break. Thanks for any advice!

500.00 pp for a 7 day cruise is VERY cheap- especially during spring break.

I would book now because that price is only going to go higher

Earlier the better. March 2012 some room categories for our Jan 2013 cruise were already gone. Best price we found was when we booked in February. Almost a year ahead of time...the prices just keep rising!

Archived