Ladies need your opinion on matching shoes to dress!

Beezle82

Sad news. I got the dress on Saturday and......I didn't like it. :(

For the most part it fit ok, but the waist area was stitched weird or something because it just didn't look right. And I think it was way too long. In the photo it showed it coming just below the knees and this came to my lower calves - almost to my ankles! It just looked kind of weird. So it's going back.

Guess it's back to my originally planned outfit. Oh well. Next time I'll remember not to wait until the last minute! :rolleyes:

Sad news. I got the dress on Saturday and......I didn't like it. :(

For the most part it fit ok, but the waist area was stitched weird or something because it just didn't look right. And I think it was way too long. In the photo it showed it coming just below the knees and this came to my lower calves - almost to my ankles! It just looked kind of weird. So it's going back.

Guess it's back to my originally planned outfit. Oh well. Next time I'll remember not to wait until the last minute! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry the dress isn't right, but I am like Happy Ks; I cannot buy clothing online unless it is a style I already have and know fits me; even then clothes can run slightly different.

I especially can't buy shoes online; comfort and style are important to me and it is almost impossible to find both without trying them on. I hate the hassle of returning stuff, too.

I am like everyone else; I love the shoes, just not with a formal dress. I even like red with purple, if it is the right shades; to me (as it came up on my screen, anyway) the dress wasn't a real purple, more a smoky grey/navy.

Good luck finding a new dress!

And here I was bragging it up that 90% of the time I love the clothes I buy online. Guess this was that 10%. :rolleyes:

Not a big deal - I was able to return it at the store which is just a couple miles away from me so I didn't have to hassle with returning it through the mail.

I'm just going to look at it this way; more money back into the cruise fund! ;)

For those who are hesitant about buying shoes online, I highly recommend zappos.com. There is a search function where you can put in your size, style, heel height, color, etc. I wear a 6 1/2 or a 7, so I often buy both sizes and do the free return on the one that doesn't fit. The shipping is very fast, and if you need to return something, you just print up a label, put it on the box, and hand it to the UPS clerk.

I do most of my shoe shopping online -- to me it is much faster than driving to a store where there is a limited selection and they might only have ordered a pair or two in my size.

Archived