Unsold Suites for December Cruise - do you think there will be a price drop?

lovestx

I know that I am asking the pros here to be clairvoyant....but thought it was worth asking.

We are booked in Concierge Class (C3) for a December 20, 2012 Connie cruise. currently, most f the C1s, many of the Sky Suites and all six of the Celebrity Suites are still available. Is it likely/usual that there will be another price drop? We are past final payment but I thought it was worth asking.

I'd be willing to pay for an upgrade but just am not sure to go about asking for that.

I know that I am asking the pros here to be clairvoyant....but thought it was worth asking.

We are booked in Concierge Class (C3) for a December 20, 2012 Connie cruise. currently, most f the C1s, many of the Sky Suites and all six of the Celebrity Suites are still available. Is it likely/usual that there will be another price drop? We are past final payment but I thought it was worth asking.

I'd be willing to pay for an upgrade but just am not sure to go about asking for that.

Typically the holiday periods get booked up quickly at "retail". I would suggest that you call celebrity daily until your cruise, or if you have a TA have them do the research. Not likely to see a significant price drop the week you are sailing- but who knows- somebody might just cancel! Good luck!

Typically the holiday periods get booked up quickly at "retail". I would suggest that you call celebrity daily until your cruise, or if you have a TA have them do the research. Not likely to see a significant price drop the week you are sailing- but who knows- somebody might just cancel! Good luck!

But to clarify...our cruise ends on Christmas Eve so it's a tough one to schedule last minute I think. And there is quite a bit of availability at this point.

There has to be quite a vancancy rate for a price drop around the holidays, as there are more than one hoping for a drop, and pretty soon they just give up and pay retail.

However, as someone else pointed out, this is not always the case, and you could wind up with a good cabin at a great rate!!:)

Rick

I would grab one now! The timing seems similar to price drops for our 12.1.12 Silhouette TA. We took too long making the decision and were too late! We regret losing out! Go for it if you're seriously interested! It is unlikely there will be further price drops and availablity might be limited.!

Jill

If you are comfortable with the current price of the suite, upgrade now. It's a supply and demand issue and the price could go up the next day. If you are wiling to wait and take the gamble, try it. You may win out and get a smoking deal, or lose out with no suites available. We have taken the gamble on 4 cruises and it's paid off each time. On our last cruise we went from an S1 and paid for the Celebrity Suite upgrade - 1K, when we arrived we ended up in Royal Suite due to a cancellation. I'll take that dumb luck any day...

Archived