Norwegian Returns to TexaS

mjsshipboy

I think Eastern itineraries are difficult from the gulf ports... I remember either Royal or Carnival doing an eastern 7 nighter out of either Tampa or New Orleans and it went to a private island and Nassau only and they got a lot of criticism for it. I don't think you could make it to the real Eastern ports (St Thomas, San Juan, St Maarten) on a 7 dayer from Texas.

Okay. So why not occasionally during the 'off-season', run longer cruises that can reach those ports or others as well....perhaps even an exotic South American or Panama Canal once or twice a year?

My next cruise in 2013 will be Carnival Magic because they offer an Eastern itinerary once a month (or roughly thereabouts). The next cruise after that will most likely be NCL now that they will be in Houston as I like what I've seen and heard about them from others. Really glad to hear they are going to be sailing from here. I'm about forty minutes from Galveston, but Bayport is about half that from where I live :)

I was also ecstatic to hear NCL will again be sailing out of the greater Houston area. Most of my family is in southeast Texas, so this makes visiting them AND cruising during the same visit possible! No more having to choose between a family vacation and a cruise. WOOHOO!

Our first cruise was on the NCL Sea, older ship but we thought we had died and gone to heaven. Been waiting a long time for ships to return to Houston, can't wait for itineraries to be announced. Hope they include Roatan our favorite port.

Okay. So why not occasionally during the 'off-season', run longer cruises that can reach those ports or others as well....perhaps even an exotic South American or Panama Canal once or twice a year?

The Jewel will be in Alaska that summer before it arrives in Houton, so there will definitely be one Panama Canal cruise from LA/San Diego to Houston in the October and probably another in the following April if Jewel continues with her cruises to Alaska.... so you have at least one wish granted!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I have noticed the Houston itinerary is Cozumel, Belize and Roatan.

The NO itin is the same ports plus Costa Maya.

Interesting that Houston sailings will only have three ports of call.

Probably because going up the Houston Ship Channel (or Galveston for that matter) is a little bit further than NO because of the course they have to follow.

I'm just glad to be able to cruise out of the Kemah area so I can drive to the port and most likely find someone to leave my car with :) Might as well save a buck if I can.

Archived