Orange juice in Blu

snow bunny

Do you mean his juice was served tepid? I had fresh-squeezed orange juice in Blu on the Summit and it was delicious. Most mornings I had two glasses. :p I don't think it was ice cold but I wouldn't expect it to be since it's not soda, but I didn't notice that the temperature was "off." I suppose your husband could ask for ice cubes if he wanted it colder? When we're on the Equinox (Aqua Class) I'll have to pay attention to the juice!

During breakfast in Blu a waiter circulates with a tray with fresh squeezed orange juice and also fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Other juices are also available. I always found the juice to be chilled but yet not too cold. While it certainly wasn't as cold as a glass of iced tea, I never found it be approaching room temperature either.

My DH is far from a picky eater but does like his juice chilled. On the Silhouette the juice was room temperature.

Snow bunny

LOL how true but DH is quite particular about his OJ!:D He can handle most anything but room temperature OJ is not one of them.

Snow bunny

ahhhh,"particular" not "picky".

The problem is that when they say "fresh OJ" they mean it. They have a large juicer machine where they dump large amounts of oranges in the hopper and the machine turns them into juice. They do not normally take a few hours to refrigerate the fresh squeezed juice since it would no longer be "fresh squeezed" :). I guess the OP could ask their waiter to pack a glass in ice for a few minutes. I should mention that we often dine in the Elite breakfast where they always have a couple of pitchers of fresh squeezed OJ. The large pitchers are on the table (the Elite breakfast is a continental buffet) and not overly chilled. When they run out they simply turn on the machine (located in the galley) and squeeze more oranges....but unless they could find a way to sqeeze very cold oranges (not the norm) the fresh juice will never be really cold.

Hank

The problem is that when they say "fresh OJ" they mean it. They have a large juicer machine where they dump large amounts of oranges in the hopper and the machine turns them into juice. They do not normally take a few hours to refrigerate the fresh squeezed juice since it would no longer be "fresh squeezed" :). I guess the OP could ask their waiter to pack a glass in ice for a few minutes. I should mention that we often dine in the Elite breakfast where they always have a couple of pitchers of fresh squeezed OJ. The large pitchers are on the table (the Elite breakfast is a continental buffet) and not overly chilled. When they run out they simply turn on the machine (located in the galley) and squeeze more oranges....but unless they could find a way to sqeeze very cold oranges (not the norm) the fresh juice will never be really cold.

Hank

That is essentially what I was going to mention. I always think of fresh squeezed orange juice as being room temperature, because oranges are not stored in refrigeration, usually. It would ruin the flavor and texture of the fruit. Cold juice would indicate that it had been squeezed hours before and placed in the refrigerator. That isn't fresh. When I squeeze it at home with a juicer, it is room temp.

I have always found the o.j., in Blu to be outstanding. Sadly, there are some folks in our world who cannot be pleased.

Agreed. People want fresh squeezed orange juice and complain about the temperature. Another person complained his steak was too hot when it came out of the kitchen in Blu and announced he could not eat it. There are easy common sense solutions to each of the above but some just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

"Another person complained his steak was too hot when it came out of the kitchen in Blu and announced he could not eat it."

C'Mon Man!!!!!!!!!!! This can't be true, can't be........... He could of thrown some of that room temperature OJ on it to cool it down!;)

I have always found the o.j., in Blu to be outstanding. Sadly, there are some folks in our world who cannot be pleased.

I'm sorry I asked the question as my DH is hardly a man who "cannot be pleased"! He is easily the most easy going and relaxed person I know. On the Silhouette he moved to drinking other juices as they were served chilled and he was fine with them. Adding ice cube would water down the juice and negate the "freshness" of the juice and also reduce the health benefits of the Vitamin C. He will just stick to other options!

Snow bunny

Archived