CruiseTour Luggage help

frecgenswl82

What kind of luggage do you use on the day portions of your cruise for the buses and the train? Princess says a 17x 14x 4 size bag. We will be traveling in June 2013 Whitter to Vancouver, on the Sapphire Princess. There are 2 of us traveling. Thanks Sue

Do you mean on the days you are on the bus traveling/touring? We used backpacks.

:)

What kind of luggage do you use on the day portions of your cruise for the buses and the train? Princess says a 17x 14x 4 size bag. We will be traveling in June 2013 Whitter to Vancouver, on the Sapphire Princess. There are 2 of us traveling. Thanks Sue

Your main bags will be carried separately. You probably not see them after the first night until you actually board the ship in Whittier.

With Princess, you put your suitcase out in the morning and you see it again in your room at the next lodge. This is one suitcase per person, any size. These are trucked between hotels/lodges/the ship. (I watched them load the truck at the Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage.) You take with you on the bus/train what you'll need during the day. There really isn't much space on the train for a very large day bag. If you have more than one suitcase per person, the extra one(s) can be sent on the first morning to the warehouse in Whittier to wait for you until you board the ship.

In your day bag, you must put your valuables, medicines & anything that you really, really need.

I load up my medicines, cameras, iPhone, Kindle, (charging cables) (I don't travel with jewelry), baby wipes, a sweater, hat, gloves, extra socks, dry skin lotion & copies of all my travel documents.

I use a made in USA Red Oxx brand Gator bag for my day bag. Loaded it weights about 8 pounds.

The way the cruise lines move millions of bags around Alaska is an amazing ballet of organization.

Yes I mean the days we are traveling by bus and train. Thanks

Yeah, DH & I each had a backpack. I'd say they were both on the medium to large size. As PP noted, bring anything you think you'll need during the day (wipes, change of clothes, raingear, personal papers/jewlery/electronics, medicine).

DH had a back pack with about 15 separate pockets of various sizes. Mine just had 2, a large one and a smaller one.

There isn't a lot of space inside the busses for the typical carryon type baggage, so the backpacks worked great. And (in my case) I needed something under my feet as my short little legs made it impossible for me to reach either the floor or the foot rest on the seat in front of me.

:)

We are going on a 4 day land tour with princess before the southbound cruise.

Princess rep told me to bring a small bag with what we need for the land part and our main bag would be in our state room on the ship when we got ther 4 days later.

Archived