What do they do with Unruly passangers?

jedi bobs

Yes, they have a brig and they can also confine you to your cabin with security posted at the door.

If it's bad enough they will confine you to your cabin and put you off in the next port..Carnival has done that lots of time..There was a big fight in the disco on one ship last year and they put off about a dozen people from New York off in Costa Maya..On the first cruise out of Australia a couple weeks on the Spirit ago the threw two groups off the ship...Dennis

I have seen an entire family unloaded at (and my memory is fuzzy on this) St Croix when we were on the Victory years ago. The son, about 17, was totally out of control and apparently (I only heard and not witnessed) started fights, broke a glass door, threw a lounge chair over the side of the ship - I think this is the one that was the final straw. I have heard this has happened other times as well - people are given so many warnings then it is "good bye" and they have to find and pay their own way home.

Interesting, I never thought about what they would do, if all efforts at getting a passenger calmed down - failed. I would assume that for the safety of all passengers, they must have some type of restraint/holding area?

Being that all/most of their ships are registered in country's that dont have labor laws or many laws at all.....im sure that makes it easier to restrain people, even against their will if intoxicated - with little worry of a lawsuit.

I got back from my first cruise ever the first week in Oct. I have to admit that one of my concerns about Carnival being a "Party Boat" was a bunch of drunks and my kids having to be exposed to that. Turns out that I was wrong. If there were drunks, I didn't see them. Maybe its like trash on the ground at Disney World, it doesn't stay there long enough for people to notice.

While everyone will offer their 2cents (like me) im curious to read more and find out what really happens to unruly, drunk or dangerous people.

Has anyone had an experience or observed an event like this?

I don't know the exact quote, but thats not entirely accurate as it was Picard telling that to Riker

Nope, Captain Picard telling the computer. Commander Worf was on the plank. lol Yes, I'm a trekkie. If you see someone running around with a comm badge tattoo in the appropriate place, that will be me. LOL

Also they can cut off your sail&sign to where you aren't allowed to purchase alcohol. Was on the Ecstasy 2 years ago and our dinner table mate got so drunk he passed out in one of the public restrooms. Security guard found him and I guess somehow reported it and his sail&sign was cut off.

There is a brig and depending on what the violation is... you can be subject to Federal Charges. Remember you are in International Waters.

If the ship sailed out of and back to a US port, the US will be prosecuting anyone who broke the law while at sea. Breaking a local law while in a port will earn you a visit to that country's judicial system.

I have never seen a drunk on any of the ships I have sailed and since I do indulge in the spirits and spend a great deal of time in the bars, I most likely would have a good chance of seeing one. From what I have read on cc it seems the short 3 or 4 day cruises tend more to having heavy drinkers.

We were on the Victory last year and on our way back onto the boat, after a rum punch cruise provided by Carnival as an excursion, a girl could hardly walk. We found out that within 30 minutes they had a note under the door saying the Sign and Sail Card was deactivated for purchasing alcohol. I can understand if it was a result of going to a bar, but this was an excursion, she was clearly dehydrated and hadn't eaten. Lucky she didn't have alcohol poisoning and sue Carnival.

Archived