Silhouette Dining on Embarkation

catugirl

We're cruisung on Silhouette in Jan. What venues are open for lunch on embarkation day?

I believe that the only venue is the cafe on the lido (I don't think the short-order spot above the pool area, forward, is open at that time, but I have never checked. The Main Dining Room is not open either and I don't believe that the specialty restaurants are either; when we boarded Solstice a couple of years ago, we took a look-see around the ship and those specialty restaurants were not open, but there was someone there who showed us around in each one.)

I believe that the only venue is the cafe on the lido (I don't think the short-order spot above the pool area, forward, is open at that time, but I have never checked. The Main Dining Room is not open either and I don't believe that the specialty restaurants are either; when we boarded Solstice a couple of years ago, we took a look-see around the ship and those specialty restaurants were not open, but there was someone there who showed us around in each one.)

You are partially correct, the MDR and the three main specialty restaurants are NOT open for lunch on embarkation.

We're cruisung on Silhouette in Jan. What venues are open for lunch on embarkation day?

Bistro on Five is open for FANTASTIC crepes, :)

The Aqua Spa Cafe is open for all that nasty-rotten "health food," eeewww! :eek: :p

And finally the Mast Grill is open for the GOOD STUFF. :D (fresh grilled burger with pico and guacamole!) :o

I would highly recommend Bistro on 5. It is quiet and relaxed and away from all the crowds waiting around on the Lido deck for the announcement that the staterooms are ready.

The cost if $5pp and you have a wonderful selection - the crepes are divine!

Does Aqua Spa Cafe have a salad bar? If so, does it have a wide range of items?

The aqua spa makes salads- albeit small portions. Sometimes not very interesting- Of course you can have all you want-

The choice and quality of the salads at the Bistro on Five are much better! You can of course get a salad in the buffet area.

You surely will not starve on the ship!!

We just returned from 25 days on the Silhouette and strongly agree with the recommendations to have crepes at the Bistro on 5. The Porch has a menu of pre-made salads, limited types of paninis and a few other things....just about all of which you can get up in the Oceanview Cafe without paying the $5.

Hank

Archived