Private transfer Miami Port

Anna201213

What time does the ship dock?

I would give at least 1 hour after docking depending on your flights

Oceania docks away from the other ships on the other side of the ports so may only be affected with Taxi pick ups

May I ask which company you are using & price??

I am also looking for private transfer

Lyn

What time does the ship dock?

I would give at least 1 hour after docking depending on your flights

Oceania docks away from the other ships on the other side of the ports so may only be affected with Taxi pick ups

May I ask which company you are using & price??

I am also looking for private transfer

Lyn

The ship will dock at 7h00 on Feb 22 2013

I did not have any ref from friends so I found on the web Miami City Limo which they sent me a quote promptly. So it is depends of which kind of car and number of passengers. I sent a quote to Ambassador Limousine Transportation last week and up to now I did not receive a reply. Hope this will help.

The ship will dock at 7h00 on Feb 22 2013

I did not have any ref from friends so I found on the web Miami City Limo which they sent me a quote promptly. .

Thanks for the reply

Just trying to decide whether to try for a taxi or not after my last experience with POM we are leaning towards a private car ;)

JMO

I would not try for pick up before 8:30 .....in the past we have been 9am + for disembarkation

Lyn

A slight change of subject - for those familiar with Miami -can we count on port parking (the $20/day variety) being available? Is the facility within walkiing distance from O dock?

The parking building is right across from the dock

Oceania docks away from the mainstream lines so should have no problem with a spot I would think

• 3 months later...
Try Aventura Limo service. We live in Miami and use them for all our transport needs.

Thank you Louise for the tip concerning Aventura Limo Service. I have reach them on their web site and made a reservation from the port of Miami to Miami Int Airport for Feb 22, 2013. Even they sent me an email on Feb 19 and 21 that I did not reply because I was on the ship and did not look at my email they were there. When the chauffeur arrived to the terminal 30 minutes in advance he phoned on my cell and I told him that I was outside waiting for him. We got off the ship 45 minutes prior the pick up time. Excellent and professionnal service .

I could see the taxi line and that day it won't be a problem to get a cab.

When we get back from our trip on the 28 we have a 1pm flight from Miami. Now that there is talk of long lines at the airport I wonder how it will play out?

1pm you will be fine..not to worry

Jancruz1

LHT28 - what was your last experience at POM? Anything we should know to avoid misfortune?

Long story short

We were delayed in getting the ship cleared , then a long line for limited taxis

We thought we were safe with a 12:30 flight but did not get to the airport until 11:20 am thank goodness we had gotten Exec class seats upon check in online where there was NO line

If we had still had econ class we would have probably missed the flight

several people missed their flights

This trip I have booked a car service but now I hear the TSA will be working to rule...more lines

getting on your plane is not the fun part of a cruise. It rates down there with the last morning when you have to get off the ship.

I usually will book a late flight if I have a choice. Means waiting around the airport for hours, but you do not have to worry about getting to the airport on time. Last cruise Oceania gave us a tight window to get to the flight, so we decided to pay for Oceania transfer to make sure we made our flight. Not sure if there would be enough cabs in Barcelona.

I was told that by booking the ship's transfer, the ship guaranteed that they would get you to the airport for your flight. I was told that this is the reason that the cost of the transfers was priced higher than a cab, private car, etc. Has anyone ever booked ship's transfer and not made it to their flight? If this did happen to you, what was done for you by the ship?

Also, what would the people who were on the cruise with LHT28 do when they were late for their flight. What would happen and would they have to pay for another flight? Just curious in case it happens to me someday.

Has anyone ever booked ship's transfer and not made it to their flight? If this did happen to you, what was done for you by the ship?

Also, what would the people who were on the cruise with LHT28 do when they were late for their flight. What would happen and would they have to pay for another flight? Just curious in case it happens to me someday.

If you use Oceania air you call them & they are suppose to take care of you

I have no desire to test them ;)

Lyn

Archived