Aqua vs Sky Suite on Summit

dkny330

We are debating which class to book on the Summit - Aqua or Sky Suite. The Sky Suite is about $500 more total but we do like to use the Spa for the sauna, etc and know that will be extra if we book the Sky Suite. From my understanding all the Aqua 1 suites were built new on Deck 11 and we could snag one all the way in the aft - is this worth it? Have never been in a Sky Suite as well, so its tempting but not sure its worth the extra money. Is there anything I'm missing here?? Thanks -

Just spoke with a Celebrity Rep and they said that the use of the Persian Garden, which includes the sauna, steam room and some other things costs others not in Aqua Class $25 per day or $129/week. If you're in Aqua its included.

Just spoke with a Celebrity Rep and they said that the use of the Persian Garden, which includes the sauna, steam room and some other things costs others not in Aqua Class $25 per day or $129/week. If you're in Aqua its included.

The rep was correct except the dry sauna is seperate and available to all. Persian Garden on the Summit and other Millinium class ships is not as nice IMO as it is on S class ships. On Summit it is completelt inside with no natural light and without the ceramic loungers. Still it can be a nice place to relax.

Many will tell you that complete access to Blu is the best benefit of Aqua class, and on the Summit I woud agree. The suite will give you access for breakfast anytime and for dinner on a space available basis.

We love the extra space in a suite especially on longer cruises. Also another consideration might be that the far stern Aquas are directly above a bar where smoking, including cigars, is allowed on one side. I have not heard any complaints about this, but you may want to consider it in your decision.

Either way it should be a great trip.

For me it's a no brainer. We started off in Concierge Class, tried Aqua Class on the Eclipse, then last year upgraded to a Sky Suite. The Sky Suite cabin is so much bigger than Aqua, plus you will have a larger balcony. Some of those Sky Suite balconies are huge. You also get a butler who can help you set up get togethers, make arrangements, and best of all for us was having breakfast set up out on the balcony with table cloth, etc. If you aren't in a suite, they will just bring it to your room and leave it. You can also get dinner served in your cabin. With breakfast you get free espresso and cappacinno as well. In the afternoon they come around with a tea cart delivering sandwiches, and desserts. This is on top of the canopies or shrimp that you also get delivered. A Sky Suite also has a bath tub and a huge bathroom. We are in 6146 this year which along with 6145 are the best SS1's on the ship. They have the dark wood and marble as the Penthouse because some people who book the Penthouse book them together.

I'd go for the Sky Suite, but if money is an issue Aqua is also good. We found we just didn't have time to use the spa like we would like on a port intensive cruise. You do have Blu as your main dining room with Aqua Class but you can also dine there when you are in a Suite on a space available basis.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

Edited by kitkat9438

Thanks for all the feedback and I think we are going to splurge and og for the Sky Suite. 6145 is available on our sailing - in looking through the boards here, I see a lot of nice things written about 6146. Is 6145 identical or are there differences?

Thanks for all the feedback and I think we are going to splurge and og for the Sky Suite. 6145 is available on our sailing - in looking through the boards here, I see a lot of nice things written about 6146. Is 6145 identical or are there differences?

While I am a fan of Aqua Class, the suite is much nicer and you can also dine in Blu. Either suite above is fine. The Persian Garden isn't worth $25. per day- we never use it perhaps others do. It is small with a few lounges.

We were just in 6146 on the Infinity. And, it along with 6145 are the nicest sky suites on the M class ships. Not only are they decorated in dark wood to resemble a lock off bedroom/sitting area of the Penthouse suites, they are also almost 400 square feet inside. The bathroom has both a bathtub, and a full shower, larger than the Royal Suite shower, and the bathroom is larger than the RS.

If we can snag either of these two cabins, we are very happy there, and would give up staying in a Royal Suite in trade for one of those Sky Suites.

Rick

Don't think about it, book it!!:) Oh, and one other thing about 6145, you will be on the dock side for every port, which gives a nice view of the city, or village.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick
Added verbage.

The Persian Gardens on the Summit is not the same as on the S class ships, it is like being in a dungeon and not many spend much time in it. Not a deal breaker and not worth $25 per day. The only other advantage of the AQ class is dining in the Blu restaurant.

If you want the space take the suite and pay the extra to dine in Blu if that is something you are interested in.

Edited by miched

The Persian Gardens on the Summit is not the same as on the S class ships, it is like being in a dungeon and not many spend much time in it. Not a deal breaker and not worth $25 per day. The only other advantage of the AQ class is dining in the Blu restaurant.

If you want the space take the suite and pay the extra to dine in Blu if that is something you are interested in.

miched, if you have a suite, you do not have to pay extra to dine in Blu. The only restriction for dining in Blu, is that the AQ class has first choice, but we never had a problem dining in Blu.

Rick

miched, if you have a suite, you do not have to pay extra to dine in Blu. The only restriction for dining in Blu, is that the AQ class has first choice, but we never had a problem dining in Blu.

Rick

We had a celebrity suite on our last Summit cruise. Dined in Blu and yes, they never charged us additional and always had room for us. I have used the Persian Garden on the Solstice class ships also, and no biggie- wasn't what I had anticipated. Probably will not use it again, regardless of the ship.

"Oh, and one other thing about 6145, you will be on the dock side for every port, which gives a nice view of the city, or village."

I disagree -- there is no way of knowing which side of the ship will be facing the land at any given location -- even on B2B2B where the same pier is visited on all three cruises, there was variation from one itinerary to the next.

"Oh, and one other thing about 6145, you will be on the dock side for every port, which gives a nice view of the city, or village."

I disagree -- there is no way of knowing which side of the ship will be facing the land at any given location -- even on B2B2B where the same pier is visited on all three cruises, there was variation from one itinerary to the next.

Glad to know that. It certainly was not our experience on the Infinity doing the Panama Canal a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the correction!;)

Rick

Don't think about it, book it!!:) Oh, and one other thing about 6145, you will be on the dock side for every port, which gives a nice view of the city, or village.

Rick

All booked in 6145! Can't wait (even though its a year away!).

One of the Cruise Critic contributors (sorry, I don't remember who) posted this link to a slideshow that includes some photos of Sky Suite 6145 on the Millennium.

It has shots of the balcony and the interior of the suite.

The layout of 6145 on the Summit will be similar, but with different decor.

It certainly would give you a lot more space than an Aqua cabin.

Whether or not it is worth the extra money to you, only you can decide.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2834936970055963843sDJpnu

Edited by fleckle

All booked in 6145! Can't wait (even though its a year away!).

Tomorrow, if you have not seen pictures of the two sky suites that are connecting to the Penthouse suites, I'll try to post some pictures. Let me know, and I'll work my way around tiny pic.

Wait, I just found my cheat sheet.:D

Rick

This is what makes your cabin so very special! The bathroom is approximately 4, or 5 times the size of a regular Sky Suite.

This is actually larger than an Royal Suite on the same ship. I know, as we had my DW's parents in a Royal Suite on this cruise, and in the past, that is all that we have taken.

18fbyc.jpg

I have a few more pictures of our cabin, but it's lived in. I lost all of my original pictures to a bad camera chip as we were entering the Panama Canal. It was a new experience, and I have replaced it with a new chip. The old one would not even re format. I was devastated, but that is life.

Rick

It's been a while since I tried to upload a picture. If all goes well, this will be a picture taken from the corner of our Sky Suite,
How interesting. It looks like a reverse image of the sky suite shown in the slide show, but with a different chair.

Even the carpet appears to be the same pattern.

A noticeable difference is that the shower in your picture appears to have a fixed shower head, while the one from the slide show has a movable shower head.

Was the furniture on your balcony also similar to that of 6145 on the Millennium shown in the slide show?

Edited by fleckle

wow - i am so excited, I snagged 6145 - these pics are great! thank you! Posts like these make it easy to do research.

When deciding whether to upgrage I included the OBC (special offer) & free specialty restaurant (incl for SS) to compare prices & it ended up only $100 more pp compared to AQ. I hope more 6145/46ers review their cruise!

How interesting. It looks like a reverse image of the sky suite shown in the slide show, but with a different chair.

Even the carpet appears to be the same pattern.

A noticeable difference is that the shower in your picture appears to have a fixed shower head, while the one from the slide show has a movable shower head.

Was the furniture on your balcony also similar to that of 6145 on the Millennium shown in the slide show?

I saw one picture of the balcony, and our furniture was the same as the Royal Suite, including a round teak wood table, that would be brought in to the cabin for in suite dining in the evening.

You have to remember that the Infinity was the first M class ship, and improvements were made on ships built after her.

If you are familiar with the Penthouse Suite, and all of the goodies provided, this bathroom would just be a second bedroom, with the ability to have a TV and vanity for dressing.

Everyone looks at cabins differently. While most people would love to have this Sky Suite, because of its size, and layout, and now that we have lived in it for a 16 day cruise, we too could live in it, we would rather stay with the Royal Suite, only because of it capacity to entertain, and the fact that it's easy to have another couple in for dinner, which we enjoy doing.

Rick

wow - i am so excited, I snagged 6145 - these pics are great! thank you! Posts like these make it easy to do research.

When deciding whether to upgrage I included the OBC (special offer) & free specialty restaurant (incl for SS) to compare prices & it ended up only $100 more pp compared to AQ. I hope more 6145/46ers review their cruise![/quote

6145 is amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When deciding whether to upgrage I included the OBC (special offer) & free specialty restaurant (incl for SS) to compare prices & it ended up only $100 more pp compared to AQ. I hope more 6145/46ers review their cruise!

If you don't mind seeing a "lived in" cabin, I'll post a couple of more pictures tomorrow.

My BIL had a Sky Suite on deck 9. It is an accessable suite, but the size between theirs and ours......well.........they had a true 250 square foot cabin. If I can find pictures from them, of their cabin, I'll post them.

I can say, without a doubt, the the 45, 46 on deck 6 is the best of the best of Sky suites. 400 sq ft, vs 250....even though much of it is in the bathroom, and some is just wasted space in the hallway......the furniture is better, the finishes are better, and you get the best butler on the ship!

Rick