Future Cruise certificate after returning home

OK,

I had read on here back a couple months ago that you could buy a future open ccruise certificate right after returning home from a cruise.

Just home from Liberty last week and now the girlfriends are talking about doing a cruise in April.

Called Crown and Anchor this afternoon twice. Two different people told me that I could do this. Just needed to come home and get C&A number.

Just called and was told no. So, I hang up and call back again, as many others I just figured if I talked to someone else I would get a different answer. Well again I was told no.

I know I should have done it on board. Just wondered if others have done this? who did you call? And why did two people tell me yes this afternoon????

OK,

I had read on here back a couple months ago that you could buy a future open ccruise certificate right after returning home from a cruise.

Just home from Liberty last week and now the girlfriends are talking about doing a cruise in April.

Called Crown and Anchor this afternoon twice. Two different people told me that I could do this. Just needed to come home and get C&A number.

Just called and was told no. So, I hang up and call back again, as many others I just figured if I talked to someone else I would get a different answer. Well again I was told no.

I know I should have done it on board. Just wondered if others have done this? who did you call? And why did two people tell me yes this afternoon????

You have 2 weeks after returning home from a cruise to create a NC booking. I would call back tomorrow and ask to speak to a supervisor.

You have 2 weeks after returning home from a cruise to create a NC booking. I would call back tomorrow and ask to speak to a supervisor.

o.k., I'm confused...

1. What is an "NC" booking?

2. If you didn't buy a future cruise certificate while onboard, are you saying you can still buy one within 14 days of returning home? If you can, is this written somewhere?

o.k., I'm confused...

2. If you didn't buy a future cruise certificate while onboard, are you saying you can still buy one within 14 days of returning home? If you can, is this written somewhere?

1. A NC is creating a booking that has a reduced deposit of $100, only has a booking number and is good indefinitely until you convert it to a specific cruise. A future cruise is an actual booking while on board with a date, ship and itinerary.

2. Yes, you have 2 weeks after you return home. It is not a written policy, but something that C&A offers.

I was told several weeks ago that you can no longer book after returning home. At one time you could, but they stopped it now. Best to do it on board to be sure. If you can't get an appt., you can fill out a form and hand it in.

Gwen :)

Guess it just depends on who you talk to and when.;) Creating a NC is not booking a cruise. It's just creating a booking number for future use.

More than once I missed getting one because they were all booked up and I did not want to just leave my paperwork.

I understand your point but just so you know, it is perfectly safe to do so. We did this last week on Jewel; we filled everything in and left it in the box as specified - instructions said to do this before 12 noon on the last day and a receipt and confirmation would be delivered to us that evening. We did, and it was - neat and sweet. :)

o.k., I'm confused...

NC stands for NextCruise. It's an open booking number that can be applied to any RCI cruise any time in the future.

Patti, thanks for the little known secret that you can create a NC booking, once off the ship, but within a two week period afterwards.;)

We do ours onboard, and have a few here at home, for a "just in case" we find something that we want to use them for.

Rick

I understand your point but just so you know, it is perfectly safe to do so. We did this last week on Jewel; we filled everything in and left it in the box as specified - instructions said to do this before 12 noon on the last day and a receipt and confirmation would be delivered to us that evening. We did, and it was - neat and sweet. :)

I would have agreed with you completely until our Jewel experience. I have filled out the future cruise form many times, dropped it in the box, and had the paperwork delivered to the cabin. This time, I happened to be passing by the lounge on deck 12 on the last day, remembered I didn't have the paperwork yet, and figured it would be a good idea to check on it. I was told they were not finished processing them but both workers there insisted on going through their piles to see if mine was there. It wasn't. And I had used a "colored" form that I picked up on another cruise and keep in the luggage. They both said they had only seen one colored form and it wasn't mine. So I'm glad I checked in, although I could have booked when I got home. :) They just had me fill out the form right then and there and I took the paperwork with the booking number(s) with me. :D

After three phones I finally found an agent that let me get an open cruise booking.

Thanks cruise critic for this info. Sometimes you just need to keep calling until you find someone that knows the policy

Thanks for the update. Perseverance pays off.;)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Archived