Still No Cabin Assignment

BassettMom

Sorry Hugger, mine is the first I have ever gotten that jumped to a whole other catagory. You still are going to have a nice, spacious cabin. I sincerely hope and wish for you to have a wonderful cruise. And keep trying in the future, I sure didn't expect it, sometimes they just happen.

So where did you end up exactly?

for your kind words - we will have a fantastic cruise - I had so wanted the upgrade for my DH more than myself. I had tried several days ago to get an upsell - but NO they wouldn't offer one to my TA. We thought are chances for an upgrade were good being the ship is WIDE open. I know there is a reason for everything just wasn't meant to be this time around. We did get a SY guarantee and that is what we were assigned 6101 - so nice mid ship cabin.

Have a wonderful day - thanks again

for your kind words - we will have a fantastic cruise - I had so wanted the upgrade for my DH more than myself. I had tried several days ago to get an upsell - but NO they wouldn't offer one to my TA. We thought are chances for an upgrade were good being the ship is WIDE open. I know there is a reason for everything just wasn't meant to be this time around. We did get a SY guarantee and that is what we were assigned 6101 - so nice mid ship cabin.

Have a wonderful day - thanks again

Hugger,

My TA, yesterday, said they were still allowing an upsell but they were still sticking with $499 pp price. If you are willing to pay that much, I would call your TA and get her/him to try to see what they can do.

Catherine

Just received our cabin at the 10 day mark for the 12/8 Eurodam sailing. We received an SA near the lounge for our SC category guarantee. Interesting note - the email was sent at 9am pacific time (our time zone also).

This is our first Holland America cruise and we're getting excited.

Just received our cabin at the 10 day mark for the 12/8 Eurodam sailing. We received an SA near the lounge for our SC category guarantee. Interesting note - the email was sent at 9am pacific time (our time zone also).

Great deal IMO. The SA location near the Neptune is alot better than being in an SB one deck below.

Nice score!! I'm leaving Saturday on Eurodam and am still unassigned with SC guar. I'd be very happy with the SA for Neptune proximity.

Nice score!! I'm leaving Saturday on Eurodam and am still unassigned with SC guar. I'd be very happy with the SA for Neptune proximity.

Have you called HAL or your travel agent? Since the other poster got their SC assignment for the Dec 8 cruise, it would seem that your Dec 1st one should have be assigned by now.

DaveOKC

Congratulations and thank you for sharing, Bon Voyage.:)

Have you called HAL or your travel agent? Since the other poster got their SC assignment for the Dec 8 cruise, it would seem that your Dec 1st one should have be assigned by now.

DaveOKC

Apparently there are many on my cruise who have yet to be assigned accd'g to my agent. Not sure why, nor do I really care. I can't stress about it, but would just love to have the mystery come to an end already.

Hugger,

My TA, yesterday, said they were still allowing an upsell but they were still sticking with $499 pp price. If you are willing to pay that much, I would call your TA and get her/him to try to see what they can do.

Catherine

Thank you - but we already had paid full fare for our SY - we couldn't get any of the prices drops when they did it 2 days after our final payment - so just can't justify another grand to upsell - THANKS though.

I had the TA call again last Friday to see if they would give us a break on the upsell being we'd paid the same for our SY guarantee as others paid for their SA upsell. No Go - TA really thought they'd do something OH WELL we'll have a wonderful cruise in an SY :)

Thank you - but we already had paid full fare for our SY - we couldn't get any of the prices drops when they did it 2 days after our final payment - so just can't justify another grand to upsell - THANKS though.

I had the TA call again last Friday to see if they would give us a break on the upsell being we'd paid the same for our SY guarantee as others paid for their SA upsell. No Go - TA really thought they'd do something OH WELL we'll have a wonderful cruise in an SY :)

I had to have my TA call three times over a 30 day period to get something out of HAL on my Dec 1 sailing (SC category), after HAL dropped the price by $400 pp. I ended up getting a $400 (total for 2 persons) OBC.

Good Luck

DaveOKC

I had to have my TA call three times over a 30 day period to get something out of HAL on my Dec 1 sailing (SC category), after HAL dropped the price by $400 pp. I ended up getting a $400 (total for 2 persons) OBC.

Good Luck

DaveOKC

Thanks for the info as I'm still disappointed would feel better if they gave us some OBC.

I'm still waiting for a cabin assignment for our cruise that leaves in 11 days. Right now it's still an SC guarantee.... can't wait to see what we end up with :D

Wanna bet you assignment comes tommorrow before 5 pm Pacific time ?:p

Joseph

Booked a guarantee cabin on my Panama Canal cruise, leaving in 15 days, and still no cabin assigned. I booked an inside MM category--I'd rather book more cruises than spend a lot on just one cruise (and I'm happy with insides since I'm not claustrophobic and don't spend much time in the cabin).

Anyway, I used to check every week for a cabin assignment, then a couple of weeks ago, started checking almost every day. Now I find myself starting to check twice a day. My last cruise on HAL, I didn't get a cabin until 10 days before, so I tell myself to be patient, but the anticipation is building.

Booking a guarantee is a lot like Christmas. I feel like a kid waiting to find out what Santa is bringing me. I know what I asked Santa for and will be happy to get what I asked for (but there's always the possibility of getting more :D).

I actually like the anticipation (like "shaking" that present under the tree and wondering what's inside).

Anyone else waiting for cabin assignments feel this way? (Or am I crazy?) :D

Did you get your assignment yet? I hope so!

I am not as adventurous as you...and I applaud you for that. I need to know the exact stateroom we'll be in from the get-go!

Edited by innlady1

The cabin doesn't make the cruise. I still paid much more than many to get the added benefit of a nice location and bigger cabin. Other than that, I get nearly the same treatment and amenities as everyone else.

But yes, I'm pretty happy. :)

We finally got a room assigned today, yay! 10 days out appears to be the magic number. We had an SC guarantee and ended up with an SA right across from the Neptune Lounge. :D Very happy and excited!! This is our 2nd cruise but our first time in a suite.

The cabin doesn't make the cruise. I still paid much more than many to get the added benefit of a nice location and bigger cabin. Other than that, I get nearly the same treatment and amenities as everyone else.

But yes, I'm pretty happy. :)

While a great cabin may not make the cruise, a bad cabin can ruin it as evidenced by the many posters on these boards sharing their horror stories over the years. :eek:

Congratulations on your great upgrade - Enjoy!

We finally got a room assigned today, yay! 10 days out appears to be the magic number. We had an SC guarantee and ended up with an SA right across from the Neptune Lounge. :D Very happy and excited!! This is our 2nd cruise but our first time in a suite.

congratulations! I am still waiting for mine on the sixteenth, only the SA's are available right now, I expect I will most likely end up in one similar in position to yours. It appears the SA's near the NL doors are not that popular a buy for the full price crowd. If it is just to noisy, and that is one I get, I will just have to go over and join the party.:D

congratulations! I am still waiting for mine on the sixteenth, only the SA's are available right now, I expect I will most likely end up in one similar in position to yours. It appears the SA's near the NL doors are not that popular a buy for the full price crowd. If it is just to noisy, and that is one I get, I will just have to go over and join the party.:D

Exactly!! I love a good party! :p

Noise won't be an issue for me, I can sleep through pretty much anything. I like the convenience of being able to just pop across the hall for some quick snacks and coffee. I hope you get your SA room Vicocala...fingers crossed for you :)

Exactly!! I love a good party! :p

Noise won't be an issue for me, I can sleep through pretty much anything. I like the convenience of being able to just pop across the hall for some quick snacks and coffee. I hope you get your SA room Vicocala...fingers crossed for you :)

It is all good, but thanks for the good wishes. I booked a VH originally and up-paid for an SZ so any of the deluxes will be great!

Lopakarob-congratulations on your upgrade. I hope the VB is right where you want it!

...... It appears the SA's near the NL doors are not that popular a buy for the full price crowd. If it is just to noisy, and that is one I get, I will just have to go over and join the party.:D

Actually the opposite is true. The SA's near the NL are VERY popular and usually book first. We always are directly across from the NL and have to book a long time in advance to get any of those suites.

The NL is not a 'lounge' in the usual sense. Coffee, juice and snacks, the concierge to make your reservations and solve problems, magazines and comfortable sofas and chairs, but rarely do any pax hang around in there. It's normally quite quiet except for the hour or so on the first evening around 7 if the Captain holds his welcome aboard suite cocktail party, but that is just between the dinner hours. NL closes by 8 every night but rarely is anyone in there after 5 or so when a few guests will fix a plate of snacks for cocktail hour in their suite. There is next to no noise and certainly no parties to join.