Email from Carnival about embarkation

kafraser78

I think Carnival is trying to lessen the groups of people arriving early. Once we got an email telling us to arrive 10:30 until 1:00. Today we got an email regarding our Dream cruise and it said to arrive 1:00-3:00, and we got it twice. In addition, we got one for boarding Glory the DAY AFTER WE SAIL ON DREAM, for the same time.

I think the funniest part is that we have FTTF as well as Priority on our luggage tags, and Priority on our boarding pass. Why would we want to get there that late?

I understand their reasoning, but I think these emails are sent out without thought. I think that the person whose signature is on them, Vicky Rey, should be embarassed by sending them to people who have Priority and FTTF embarkation. Oh well, do what you want, as I know we will!

We also just received this and are now concerned. We were staying in FLL instead of MIA and the shuttle is supposed to pick us up at 11am on Saturday. I was told that it is only about 30 minutes from FLL to MIA so that means we can't board for another 1 1/2. Wonder if I should see if the shuttle can pick us up around 12:30??

Ok, i wanted to be there for 1030 and hopefully get on early like I have been reading on here for months and months. We won't be told we can't board if we get there at 1030 or 1100?

thanks everybody.

If you're not VIP or FTTF then you'll board after weddings, VIP, FTTF and then each group is called.

On my last sailing on the Freedom on the 11th I received an email to arrive I think it was 130-300. I was just there shortly after 1030. On the ship once VIP was allowed on, we were on the ship I think it was around 11:15 after a wedding party then VIP.

I gather these are mass emails...probably sent by a 3rd party company to anyone booked on the cruise who has submitted an email address. No way are they going to take the time to run these through a filter and remove all the priority, FTTF, weddings etc. The port just wants to stagger the arrivals, the amount of luggage showing up at the same time, parking, and general congestion. If someone is a VIP they should just swallow their pride and take the notification with a grain of salt...they obviously aren't important enough to be eliminated from a mass sent email.

I gather these are mass emails...probably sent by a 3rd party company to anyone booked on the cruise who has submitted an email address. No way are they going to take the time to run these through a filter and remove all the priority' date=' FTTF, weddings etc. The port just wants to stagger the arrivals, the amount of luggage showing up at the same time, parking, and general congestion. If someone is a VIP they should just swallow their pride and take the notification with a grain of salt...they obviously aren't important enough to be eliminated from a mass sent email.[/quote']

I find your post quite offensive as no where did I say I was important! I know why they sent the email as I stated on the first line of my post. I don't see the need for your sarcastic swallow your pride ---obviously not important enough---

I think it just looks foolish for Carnival to send that email to those who have paid FTTF and those who are Priority. As with any program, there has to be a way to sort those out. I honestly don't know what your problem is, but your post was snarky!

Archived