Oceania Leads the Way

JimandStan

royal-princess-photos-632.jpg

Seatrade Insider is reporting this morning that the new Royal Princess (debuting in June) will offer Private Cabanas on the forward end of the top deck.

Where have we seen this before? :cool:

225409.jpg

Are the cabanas only on the Regatta? I couldn't find any when clicking through the website. I did find this for the Regatta, one specific cruise, for the Regatta. The info is under Options. Not available for the other five itineraries I checked. http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/southamerica/reg130306/options/cabanas.aspx

Are the cabanas only on the Regatta? I couldn't find any when clicking through the website. I did find this for the Regatta, one specific cruise, for the Regatta.

Should be on Nautica also

No cabanas on the O class ships

Are the cabanas only on the Regatta? I couldn't find any when clicking through the website. I did find this for the Regatta, one specific cruise, for the Regatta. The info is under Options. Not available for the other five itineraries I checked. http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/southamerica/reg130306/options/cabanas.aspx

Unfortunately, the cabanas are only offered on the R ships, the larger ships have a putting green in that area.

135644.jpg

I, for one, am glad there are no cabanas on Riviera. Just my opinion.

Many people say that........until they book one for themselves!

We thought that they were fabulous, and (secretly) still hope that Oceania may add them to the larger ships, perhaps on deck 14 Sundeck, around the perimeter of the pool cut out. That walkway is ridiculously wide, and those walking it would still have a lovely sea view.

154113.jpg

Many people say that........until they book one for themselves!

We thought that they were fabulous, and (secretly) still hope that Oceania may add them to the larger ships, perhaps on deck 14 Sundeck, around the perimeter of the pool cut out. That walkway is ridiculously wide, and those walking it would still have a lovely sea view.

154113.jpg

Count me as one who is glad the cabanas are gone -- we've never found time, even on seadays, to use one.

With respect to my friend Jim, who loves the cabanas, putting them on the upper pool deck would be one of the worst places I could think of -- that's got to be the most popular spot for viewing arrivals and departures!

P1030707.JPG

With respect to my friend Jim, who loves the cabanas, putting them on the upper pool deck would be one of the worst places I could think of -- that's got to be the most popular spot for viewing arrivals and departures!

P1030707.JPG

Which is why I proposed putting the cabanas where they would overlook the pool, leaving the outside perimeter available as an observation deck.

120326.jpg

That's what Hapag Lloyd is doing with the pool deck on Europa 2 (which is replacing Insignia in their fleet), although she will be a much smaller ship than Marina or Riviera.

Which is why I proposed putting the cabanas where they would overlook the pool, leaving the outside perimeter available as an observation deck.

That's what Hapag Lloyd is doing with the pool deck on Europa 2 (which is replacing Insignia in their fleet), although she will be a much smaller ship than Marina or Riviera.

Oh let's not give O any ideas

They could always put them on the spa deck & get rid of those lounges with the sun shades;)

Archived