Fantasy Photo Review: My Dad's Bucket Cruise!

MtnBikerFallDown

We did the Chef's Table on the Legend and had the same food. Granted mine was vegetarian but my husband had all of those dishes (I did have the dessert and some of the dishes that didn't include meat, I really loved it but ours was FULL, not just 8 people!).

I had breakfast/brunch at Hominy and it's tasty, but not the best food I've ever had- Hominy and a lot of places in Charleston are a little over-hyped and touristy. Maybe I just had my hopes up about it... but anyway.

I've honestly never seen "The Wreck" even though I run at Shem Creek all the time. There's a cool statue there and one of the kids I coach at Cross Country designed it. I may have to check out The Wreck next time I'm down there and hungry. I've also heard good things about Fat Hen but haven't been there.

I agree about Nassau not being very handicapped friendly. It's an older area but I'm glad you guys found lots to do in port and in Charleston, minus the crappy debarkation and the crazy hotel guest! Loved reading about your trip and your pictures helped me relive my own cruise on the Fantasy :)

So glad you had a good time.

I'm the one who warned you that the public rooms were pretty cold. How did you find them?

Kathy

Your tip was a lifesaver!!! I am so hot natured, so the public areas were just fine to me, but my parents would have frozen if we hadn't told them to take jackets. Mom wore just a jersey-type jacket, and Dad wore a heavier hoodie. They were happy as clams!

My DH always says if I am comfy that means everyone else was freezing, so it was definitely chilly there!

Thank you for your review. My DH and I are thinking abou taking this cruise, because it would be so easy to get to for us. I am sorry about your Dad, but how wonderful that he remains positive. I thnk you must be a special family and I hope the rest of the time you have together is something you can treasure.

We've been looking forward to reading about your cruise, Emily. Ours on Fantasy will begin Christmas Day. Yet, I still wish we could have been part of yours, just to meet your family. You've given us all some happy smiles and some knowing tears through all of your posts, and I believe I speak for many that they were heartfelt. We finally made it through an entire series of your posts without the 'allergies' setting in until the last part.

I treasure your sharing with all of us, and send our thoughts and prayers to you and your family as your father begins to take his next journey.

Praying for, and thanking you all for allowing us to cruise with you.

All best!

Rev. Carl Johnson

Oh Emily - I am so glad to feel like part of your family now! I feel like I know you with all of the posts, the review, and now the pictures! I'm glad that you had a fun memorable trip that you will cherish forever!! I wish I had been able to do the things with my family members that you are able to do. Please keep us posted on whats going on with you & your dad!!

We Love You Emily!!

Thanks so much for sharing everything with us. We just booked the Fantasy for May. The pvp told us it would be refurbished by then, so I hope it will still give us as wonderful a time as you all had. Be blessed always with your memories and I am soo happy you got to share this time with your dad----PRICELESS!!

OK, you guys have made my allergies flare up again! My eyes just watered and watered. I read all of these to my Dad today, and he just kept puddling up with tears. He's SUCH a people person, and to hear so many people saying such nice things... well, he had a GREAT day today!

I had forgotten to post that one of the bartenders told us that the changes in the upcoming refurb are going to be AMAZING. She said the bars are getting torn out and totally changed, the atrium is going to be stripped down and the neon and such gone (it is really tacky, but I will miss it, I am so tacky at heart! :p). She also said they are going to put a Guy's Burger joint in somewhere, she has heard. She said the crew is really excited, because a lot of people get on the ship and are sad when they realize it doesn't offer everything the newer ships have.

I'm going to the parents tomorrow night, so I'm going to scan the pics we had made on board (Mom retained custody, it's as if she does not trust me, LOL), so y'all can see the wonderful one of Mom and him. I'm telling you, have the Kleenex handy. You WILL have an allergy flare-up!

I will leave you with an image I almost forgot...

shiponastick.jpg

Weeeee are the champions, my friiiiiiends!!!!!!!! :D

I was out of town/away from my computer over the holiday so I just read this.

Congratulations on a wonderful cruise and so many good memories. Your parents look like a really fun couple and they are absolutely adorable. I am so sorry for your father's diagnosis. I have to say that your attitude and coping skills are an inspiration, as is he. May he give his prognosis the proverbial middle-finger and outlast it for a good, long time. ;)

Awesome Review....thank you so much for sharing. My dad and I were on the Fantasy in March and I still tell everyone that it was the cleanest ship we have ever been on.

I can truly appreciate your love that you have for your father. I cruise with my dad and I cherish every moment that I am able to spend with him. He is my best friend. Thanks again...your review made me cry :)

Fabulous review and great pictures! We did the Chef's Table on the Victory on our October 2102 cruise... LOVED IT! We have a family trip planned for June 9, 2013 on the Fantasy. Looking forward to it, especially after your great review!

I was out of town/away from my computer over the holiday so I just read this.

Congratulations on a wonderful cruise and so many good memories. Your parents look like a really fun couple and they are absolutely adorable. I am so sorry for your father's diagnosis. I have to say that your attitude and coping skills are an inspiration, as is he. May he give his prognosis the proverbial middle-finger and outlast it for a good, long time. ;)

I love the "proverbial middle finger" part. That is just Dad to a total T! He has said if he beats it, great, but if he doesn't, he has done everything he's wanted to do, so he cannot complain. Not to say he doesn't get fussy, but who doesn't from time to time? I think he's just downright amazing. I'd be wailing and rending garments, and he's just smiling and eating ice cream!

Awesome Review....thank you so much for sharing. My dad and I were on the Fantasy in March and I still tell everyone that it was the cleanest ship we have ever been on.

I can truly appreciate your love that you have for your father. I cruise with my dad and I cherish every moment that I am able to spend with him. He is my best friend. Thanks again...your review made me cry :)

That's me and my Dad, exactly. We've always been close, and as I've gotten older, we've become such good friends. I'm so blessed to have had him for 40 of his 72 years. He's a great guy, and I am deeply, truly lucky!

Sorry I made your allergies act up. ;)

Archived