Fantasy Photo Review: My Dad's Bucket Cruise!

MtnBikerFallDown

• 2 months later...

So sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Your family was on the cruise after we were on Fantasy and I chatted with you about Atlantis. I'm so happy you were able to make this last trip with him and have those happy memories.

For all of you who followed along, made great suggestions and had such kind words; an update:

My father passed away New Year's Eve, in the early morning. He was hospitalized from 12/23/12, and from the moment he entered, until he was unresponsive, he had a smile for every person who entered the room. He said his goodbyes and he made his peace. He passed away quietly, and left a large hole in this world (as far as I'm concerned).

I am SO glad that we took this cruise together. It was hard pushing the wheelchair, it was hard seeing him get so tired, but OH... the memories, and the joy of being with him far outweighed any problems.

Again, a thank you to everyone.

I am so sorry for the loss of your father.......But I am so glad you all were able to spend the final time he had together and I am sure he felt the same way....loved the review and looked like you all had a great time on cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Emily - if you still check the boards, I wanted you to know that I was thinking of you, and hope you're doing okay! :)

I lurk a little bit still. LOL!

Glad the review has helped a few people, but believe me, all the kind words helped ME more than the review helped others.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about him, but they're good thoughts and great memories.

For all of you who followed along, made great suggestions and had such kind words; an update:

My father passed away New Year's Eve, in the early morning. He was hospitalized from 12/23/12, and from the moment he entered, until he was unresponsive, he had a smile for every person who entered the room. He said his goodbyes and he made his peace. He passed away quietly, and left a large hole in this world (as far as I'm concerned).

I am SO glad that we took this cruise together. It was hard pushing the wheelchair, it was hard seeing him get so tired, but OH... the memories, and the joy of being with him far outweighed any problems.

Again, a thank you to everyone.

Hey...My family was on the same Fantasy cruise as you. We were traveling with My MIL who was also in a Wheel Chair (her's was from a knee injury she had received a couple of weeks earlier however). She passed away unexpcectedly 10 days after our cruise.

Just like you, we will always treasure the memories from that cruise. She had a fabulous time and was trying to plan another cruise with My SIL family when she died. It was her first cruise in 50 years (Yes 50 years) and she said she was hooked.

Just goes to show...you never know what tomorrow holds, so don't take today for granted.

I lurk a little bit still. LOL!

Glad the review has helped a few people, but believe me, all the kind words helped ME more than the review helped others.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about him, but they're good thoughts and great memories.

May God Bless you and your family. I also cruise with my dad so I know how special that bond is. My dad isn't in the best of health so we do everything together now while we still can.

I remember you asking here on the boards prior to your cruise about your dad's bucket list cruise.

Archived