Scuba Girl - Question on Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter please

leaveitallbehind

Scuba girl - do you (or anyone else) have any information on the RCI Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter? Is there a good amount of in water interaction with the sea lions? Is this a worthwhile excursion for young adults in their 20's? Just trying to gauge the value of this. Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Scuba girl - do you (or anyone else) have any information on the RCI Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter? Is there a good amount of in water interaction with the sea lions? Is this a worthwhile excursion for young adults in their 20's? Just trying to gauge the value of this. Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Depends on the size of the group.. Each time we did it there were only a couple of people (once it was only 2 of us).. we had about 30 minutes in the water with the sea lions. If you have a larger group, more time is alloted. We loved it.

Thanks for your quick response! What types of interactions do you have with the sea lions? We've done the Dolphin Encounter years ago in Cozumel and were quite disappointed as there was limited in water interaction. However we did the same program at Curacao and loved it as the interaction was extensive and quite the opposite from Cozumel.

I guess we just want to be sure that there is a fair amount of time to allow contact with the sea lions. It sounds like you enjoyed it and that says a lot.

Thanks for your quick response! What types of interactions do you have with the sea lions? We've done the Dolphin Encounter years ago in Cozumel and were quite disappointed as there was limited in water interaction. However we did the same program at Curacao and loved it as the interaction was extensive and quite the opposite from Cozumel.

I guess we just want to be sure that there is a fair amount of time to allow contact with the sea lions. It sounds like you enjoyed it and that says a lot.

Similar to Dolphin encounter. Pet, rub belly, kiss,dance, touch teeth, hug, watch them play with ball etc. They were entertaining and very personablle. Staff was very knowledgeable.

I haven't done this elsewhere.. so I have no comparason. But Dolphin encounter here is one of the best .. so I would think Sea lions would be tops as well.

• 8 months later...
Need help.... Im a first time cruiser going to the Freeport an Nassau in Nov.looking for things to do that is free like the beaches

Welcome to Cruise Critic! My suggestion would be to read through the first few pages of threads to find out what kinds of things other people are doing. You can also search for specific words by clicking the "Search this forum" link at the top of the page. If you still have a specific question, start your own thread. Asking a new question on an old thread is called hijacking. :)

To get you started, there are two free beaches in Nassau - Junkanoo (within walking distance of the port) and Cabbage Beach (next to Atlantis on Paradise Island).

Have a great first cruise!

Archived