Something Was Sticky at the Ocean Bar

dag144

We recently returned from a 15 day TA cruise on the Ryndam. For a night or two at the beginning of the cruise we sat at the Ocean Bar for a drink. The railing, which is made of leather or a leather like substance, was sticky. I had to wash my hands which felt quite unpleasant. A fellow passenger told me this condition was caused by the sanitizing solution that people are encouraged to use.

It would be nice if the railings were effectively cleaned or a brass railing installed instead. Luckily, all the other bars are do not have rails. We settled on the Piano Bar instead. I have been thinking about this. HAL should consider it a health hazard and fix the problem. Incidentally the Ocean Bar railing was not sticky on my previous two HAL cruises earlier this year, on the Ryndam and then on the Maasdam.

We recently returned from a 15 day TA cruise on the Ryndam. For a night or two at the beginning of the cruise we sat at the Ocean Bar for a drink. The railing, which is made of leather or a leather like substance, was sticky. I had to wash my hands which felt quite unpleasant. A fellow passenger told me this condition was caused by the sanitizing solution that people are encouraged to use.

It would be nice if the railings were effectively cleaned or a brass railing installed instead. Luckily, all the other bars are do not have rails. We settled on the Piano Bar instead. I have been thinking about this. HAL should consider it a health hazard and fix the problem. Incidentally the Ocean Bar railing was not sticky on my previous two HAL cruises earlier this year, on the Ryndam and then on the Maasdam.

did you mention to anyone on board--like the bartender or someone. A lttle late to raise the issue on this board--sorry you had to wash your hands.:(

vf

REALLY????

And why would you call this a "health hazard"? Especially if you claiming the substance is a sanitizer? I am also curious to the qualifications the fellow passenger had in relationship to analyzing sticky leather surfaces.

If it's sticky it ain't good. specially where it wz! I just got us up went to MIX, er the Piano Bar and enjoyed the rest of the cruise. The bar mgr or the hotel mgr. (no caps intended) have hands to inspect the cleanliness of the ship.

Archived