What's the policy to switch weeks

cruizinmama

We are booked on the Victory and have 65 days left :) we just found out some friends want to possibly go but can not go the week we're booked,they can go the week before. Is it possible to change weeks? The cruise we're on does not have a cruise the week before so we'd have to pick a different ship. Is this possible? Would there be fees? I checked to see if we just canceled and it would be $600 so I'm kind of assuming this might not work. We are sooo excited and would love our friends to be with but it might not work.

Would there be fees?

If it's a 7 day cruise, you're inside the penalty phase.

In your eyes, it may seem like you're just "changing weeks", but in Carnival's eyes you are cancelling your current cruise and booking a new one. So yes, the cancellation penalties will apply.

We are booked on the Victory and have 65 days left :) we just found out some friends want to possibly go but can not go the week we're booked,they can go the week before. Is it possible to change weeks? The cruise we're on does not have a cruise the week before so we'd have to pick a different ship. Is this possible? Would there be fees? I checked to see if we just canceled and it would be $600 so I'm kind of assuming this might not work. We are sooo excited and would love our friends to be with but it might not work.

You would have to cancel the original cruise and rebook the new one.

You'll pay a penal because your within the normal cancellation time(90 OR 75 DAYS). They will transfer anything you've paid to the new booking minus any penalty.

It wouldn't hurt to call carnival and ask.

??? Carnival has clear cancellation rules...there is NO point in "asking"

It seems as if the OP has now realized their (real) options

(seems they are logically not going to cancel and lose $$, but will try to get their friends to book with them if possible)

you could always do a B2B?

Doesn't sound like OP wants to spend all that money just to pal around with some friends?? I sure would not

and this is why it is super hard to "get a group of friends" together to cruise

Very hard to coordinate schedules and

get people on the same "page" and get them all to commit.

I have to say that I would tell them "we hope you can join us" and then just continue on with the already booked cruise

if not..oh well.. there is next year. Lots of time to make firm plans for next year.

??? Carnival has clear cancellation rules...there is NO point in "asking"

It seems as if the OP has now realized their (real) options

(seems they are logically not going to cancel and lose $$, but will try to get their friends to book with them if possible)

I meant to call and see what the fee would be to switch. If it's a $50.00 per person fee maybe the OP would consider moving their vacation to the week their friends could cruise.

I meant to call and see what the fee would be to switch. If it's a $50.00 per person fee maybe the OP would consider moving their vacation to the week their friends could cruise.

There is no need to call. Once past final payment, which is the OP's situation, you can't just switch. You need to cancel and rebook, and the cancellation penalties apply. Cancellation penalties are at least the amount of the deposit, varying depending on when they cancel.

At 65 days, it's going to be the entire deposit.

Good friends or not, I'd let it be the friend's problem. You've been booked, they must have been aware of this before now. You don't really know if they are really going to commit anyway.

Doesn't sound like OP wants to spend all that money just to pal around with some friends?? I sure would not

and this is why it is super hard to "get a group of friends" together to cruise

Very hard to coordinate schedules and

get people on the same "page" and get them all to commit.

I have to say that I would tell them "we hope you can join us" and then just continue on with the already booked cruise

if not..oh well.. there is next year. Lots of time to make firm plans for next year.

OP, you are too nice. Think you should just plan for a trip with your friends in the future. No reason why you should have to change all of your plans to accommodate them.

Archived