Does 6 nt IOS have Lobster on Formal night?

hubble

Husband really wants the lobster, but we've never done any cruise less than a week (and really prefer 2 weeks or B2B). We liked the 6 night itinerary on the IOS, and thought it was perfect to take the kids for their first cruise. Anyone know if the hubby will get his lobster or not? Anyone have menu's or additional info on this 6 nt Western Carib. cruise (Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee) so we know what to expect?

Sorry, not true but it does depend on the length of your cruise. We got it (Fisherman's Platter is correct) on Jewel 14 night repo but it was not offered on recent Jewel 4 night, for instance.

That's right, we only had one formal night on the 4 nt Jewel cruise.:o It will take my next longer cruise to get used to the new menus. It's 3 and 8 nights consecutive cruises.

When we took the Indy 6 night two years ago they had the lobster the second formal night. You will have formal nights on the second and 5th nights. We are booked on a B2B on the Indy in January and our first week will have the old menu, and the second week will have the new menu so we are looking forward to that!:D

Keith

I don't understand why so often people come on CC and post that there is no lobster in the MDR anymore!! (except for the pay version). That is simply not true. The lobster tail dinner has been called the Fisherman's Platter for several years. And I believe that all cruises of more than 4 nights do serve the Fisherman's Platter on ships sailing out of US ports. Also, tho' usually there is no lobster on European sailings, my friend just did the Liberty TA from Barcelona, and they had lobster tail one night.

That's right, we only had one formal night on the 4 nt Jewel cruise.:o It will take my next longer cruise to get used to the new menus. It's 3 and 8 nights consecutive cruises.

I don't understand why so often people come on CC and post that there is no lobster in the MDR anymore!! (except for the pay version). That is simply not true. The lobster tail dinner has been called the Fisherman's Platter for several years. And I believe that all cruises of more than 4 nights do serve the Fisherman's Platter on ships sailing out of US ports. Also, tho' usually there is no lobster on European sailings, my friend just did the Liberty TA from Barcelona, and they had lobster tail one night.

I had already posted a response regarding the four night cruise versus a longer cruise. Hope your post made you feel better about yourself being so correct always.......when I saw I had made a mistake, I corrected it. I admit I am human and humans do make mistakes. I also am now seeing why many cruisers we've met recently have decided "some cruise critic posters are mean" and have stopped reading the site. Try to be nicer.......:)

Archived