When do they assign guarantee balconies?

Snostar

I just upgraded from inside to a guaranteed balcony, I have always chosen my cabin so this is new to me. It was a $500 price difference between guarantee and picking my cabin, so I figured I would try it (I am a heavy sleeper anyway.)

Does Carnival assign and notify you prior to check in?...or do we have to wait till we get to the port and check in?

I have always had good luck with the guarantee assignment. Most times , I have received notice a few weeks before sailing. Also, if you have registered on the Carnival site (manage my cruise) , be sure to check there as well. On occasion, they will assign your cabin number and you can see it posted there as well. Enjoy your cruise !

I have always had good luck with the guarantee assignment. Most times , I have received notice a few weeks before sailing. Also, if you have registered on the Carnival site (manage my cruise) , be sure to check there as well. On occasion, they will assign your cabin number and you can see it posted there as well. Enjoy your cruise !

I checked the site this morning, we don't set sail until Dec 30th on the Valor and they assigned us cabin 8404 already!

There is 1 cabin review for 8404 on cruise critic with complaints of noise all night long. To me it looks like a great location for the price I got, and we are all heavy sleepers.....I am thrilled I can just walk right upstairs for coffee in am !!! :D

Thanks for the tip.

I checked the site this morning, we don't set sail until Dec 30th on the Valor and they assigned us cabin 8404 already!

There is 1 cabin review for 8404 on cruise critic with complaints of noise all night long. To me it looks like a great location for the price I got, and we are all heavy sleepers.....I am thrilled I can just walk right upstairs for coffee in am !!! :D

Thanks for the tip.

the area above you is carpeted so there really should not be a noise issue.

But it is also the area above the pizza kitchen which is opened 24/7

Just so you know even if they give you your cabin they can change it. We had gotten our cabin and when I went to print it out it was back to TBA. I called Carnival and they said that can happen. We are sailing on Sunday and just got a new cabin assignment.

Just so you know even if they give you your cabin they can change it. We had gotten our cabin and when I went to print it out it was back to TBA. I called Carnival and they said that can happen. We are sailing on Sunday and just got a new cabin assignment.

Intersting, thank you for the information.......and have a fantastic cruise!

Archived