Please remind me of rules for 2 in aft JS (Freedom, Liberty or Indy)

masonpips

We booked a coveted aft on 10, JS for next year on IOS. We got home last night and I went to look at rooms available and pricing. I can move my 2 kids to an inside and pay LESS for 2 rooms (keeping us in JS for double nights) plus have 2 bathrooms.

Simple right?

But the JS has the quad sign. There are a TON of JS left (both that hold 2 or up to 4) and we could move locations but we'd have to give up aft. Will RCCL make us move? I can't remember if you must book 3 at least in one of these?

Our SIL/BIL are in the room next to us (adjoining) which is another reason we'd like to stay where we are too.

Thanks!

Some might disagree...but my experience with booking RCI JS's for many many years is we have "never" been moved to accommodate someone else that booked after us..just because they needed my sofabed....If that was the case RCI would have a lot of upset loyal JS cruisers to deal with and a lot of upgrading to hand out..If it's available for you to book as a double...it's yours ;)

1) We've booked JS for 2 - 4 is just max. capacity, not a requirement. (The only place where I think they have a 'minimum' occupancy is the Family Suite)

2) We've also put our kinds in the inside across the hall. As far as the need for an adult in the room, it depends on your kids and their ages but... we've booked one of us in one room (me and DS) and DW and DD in the other room. There may have been some 'confusion' as to who had which sea pass after that... ;)

We've also put our kinds in the inside across the hall. As far as the need for an adult in the room, it depends on your kids and their ages but... we've booked one of us in one room (me and DS) and DW and DD in the other room. There may have been some 'confusion' as to who had which sea pass after that... ;)

We were able to book them directly across from us this year (11676 and 11677 on Oasis) and our SIL/BIL had theirs a little ways away (9133/9134). I've grabbed the closest one I can and put it "on hold" and will call once C&A is open. The aft is a little difficult as generally the rooms run the other direction. If needed, DH will be in the inside (DS will be 16 and DD 14 when we cruise). They did awesome this year having their own (not adjoining) room and follow "the rules" (as in, don't leave the room unless there is an emergency drill or you will NEVER cruise again). And yes, I did check on them!

Archived