Uploading pics while sailing

CRocks

I did a search + found nothin. Is there anyway to upload pics from your camera to the onboard computers or a host site while you're sailing? Like is there anyway to plug your camera into their computer + what would you need if poss? TIA

I did a search + found nothin. Is there anyway to upload pics from your camera to the onboard computers or a host site while you're sailing? Like is there anyway to plug your camera into their computer + what would you need if poss? TIA

You can't plug in to the shipboard computers; you could do so to your own laptop. You're going to need the shipboard internet package (or use local WiFi in ports). Check to see if your ship will have the upcomming unlimited, low and highspeed packages? ken

For obvious reasons, connecting peripheral devices to the ship's terminals is not permitted.

We are never in such a hurry that we've found the need to upload anything before we get home.

We took laptop and downloaded each evening from cameras without Internet on our 16 day Europe trip. And now we do it nightly on every cruise. Glad as we lost 1 camera on our cruise last week. So we only lost 1 day pictures of our initial 3.

We upload ours every night to our ipad.

Do you mind if I ask how you uploaded to your iPad? I'm planning on leaving my computer at home but bringing my iPad.

there's a connector you can buy to attach your camera to your iPad. I think I paid about $25 for it last year. It's cheaper to buy from amazon than Apple.

Archived