Cruise F&B must haves/pack?

cransplash

We are leaving on the Oasis this Saturday (finally!!), and I've been so busy with work, I haven't even had a chance to think about packing or what to pack.

We have 2 formal nights, and will be visiting E. Caribbean 12/1-12/8.

Are there any F&B "must packs" for this trip? Here is what I have so far:

- Pashmina (even though it'll be warm, I understand the MDR will be chilly?)

- SPF (face and body)

What do most women/men wear at night? It looks like it'll be a low of 66-70* most evenings but not sure if it'll seem cooler since we'll be on the water...

You find on casual nights that capris will be the majority of women's wear. Or a sundress/slacks/skirt. Very casual. Most men will be in docker-style pants with a collared shirt.

You've already got the "formal" night stuff down....the rest is casual.

I find it's quite windy outside at night, so therefore, I don't go out too much...messes with my hair!!!

Definitely bring PLENTY of sunscreen!

:)Ok, I'm dumb, but what does F&B mean?

Agree with CB, usually wear capris or slacks on casual night, cocktail dress on formal night. Now that I am menopausal, I find the dining rooms are not as cold as they used to be so haven't needed the pashmina lately.:D

On sea days I spend most of the day poolside or at the gym so my must haves are swim suits & cover-ups along with workout clothes. I use quite a bit of sunblock so that & a hat are also extremely important!

Sherri:)

:)Ok, I'm dumb, but what does F&B mean?

Not dumb at all, I had to think on it a minute. Fashion and Beauty is my guess.

I don't take a wrap because I hate trying to hang onto it, whenever I've worn one it's always sliding off onto the floor. Instead I have a couple evening sweaters that I'll carry along if it seems cool or I'm wearing sleeveless on formal nights. On casual nights I don't tend to wear sleeveless tops, I'll wear a blouse, so no need for a wrap or sweater. Many women wear sundresses to warm climates for evening wear, but pants are fine too.

Other than my clothing and shoes, I take as minimal as I can. I pack my toiletries and hair care items, a small first aid kit, camera and my Ipod touch. We do take along one cell phone, turned off, in case of emergency. I don't take along excessive clothing, or shoes for every outfit (plan clothing from the shoes up) and I never pack much of the "extras" you will find on packing lists (thermal cups, over the door shoe holders, hampers, post it notes, duct tape, highlighter pens, etc...). Although we don't pack into carry ons, we try to go as light as we can, less to organize and repack.

Not dumb at all, I had to think on it a minute. Fashion and Beauty is my guess.

I don't take a wrap because I hate trying to hang onto it, whenever I've worn one it's always sliding off onto the floor. Instead I have a couple evening sweaters that I'll carry along if it seems cool or I'm wearing sleeveless on formal nights. On casual nights I don't tend to wear sleeveless tops, I'll wear a blouse, so no need for a wrap or sweater. Many women wear sundresses to warm climates for evening wear, but pants are fine too.

Other than my clothing and shoes, I take as minimal as I can. I pack my toiletries and hair care items, a small first aid kit, camera and my Ipod touch. We do take along one cell phone, turned off, in case of emergency. I don't take along excessive clothing, or shoes for every outfit (plan clothing from the shoes up) and I never pack much of the "extras" you will find on packing lists (thermal cups, over the door shoe holders, hampers, post it notes, duct tape, highlighter pens, etc...). Although we don't pack into carry ons, we try to go as light as we can, less to organize and repack.

Thanks, I had no clue!:D

To keep things as simple as possible and limit the amount/weight of items packed I try and plan my wardrobe around a color scheme so I don't pack extra shoes/handbags (which really add the weight to your suitcase). I usually pack three pair of pants (black, white, beige) and work all my tops around these colors, with a small metallic colored casual purse. I only pack two pairs of dress shoes (black and some gold sandals). Most of my days are spent at the pool since I've been fortunate enough to have visited most of these islands, therefore I don't pack a lot of shorts, just rely more on my two swimsuits and coverup. Try and stay away from linen and other fabrics that wrinkle badly, but stick a small bottle of wrinkle release to take care of any "suitcase creases". Remember you're on vacations, most of the people you'll never see again, the others will become fast friends and would INSIST that you enjoy yourself and not worry about it.

For me, a must is a pair of very comfortable shoes that look good enough to wear in the evening.

In the evening, I usually wear clothes that would be appropriate for a nice restaurant. I pack 2 pairs of pants, an assortment of tops, a nice dress (LBD), 2 cocktail dresses or evening gowns.

In the daytime, I wear swimsuits and coverup dresses. I pack a pair of casual pants for the last night and embarkation day, along with a few knit tops.

Don't forget your hair appliances.:)

Archived